Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp HDX16 1025nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. I require the BIOS for this model of laptop Hp HDX16 1025nr. The version installed is F.23 from April 30, 2009.

It screwed up after using it with Windows 10, it affects the ignition of the machine. Another user was having the same issue and told me it was solved by reinstalling the BIOS.

Thank you in advance for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here are the info and exe links to the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook...

Info:  F.32:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46073.html

Exe:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46073.exe 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here are the info and exe links to the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook...

Info:  F.32:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46073.html

Exe:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46073.exe 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the provided information.

Excuse me for my ignorance, should I double click on the exe file? it will do the updating automatically?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You are running Windows 7 on there, correct?

HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).

2. Double-click the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions.

HP Recommended

Yes, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

Alright, it automatically downloaded the exe file when I opened the exe link you shared.

I have two other questions before opening it. I forgot to mention that the one installed is REV 3.5, while the updated version you shared says is REV A, does this generates any conflict or there's no problem at all? 

Do you suggest any precaution before updating?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

According to the info page, the update is good for all HP HDX 16's, so there should be no problems running the update.

HP Recommended

I see, ok. I updated it and it went well, except for the part that the laptop continues having the ignition issue.

I have to press several times the Power button, the lights come on, but not the laptop, until in one of those attemps, it turns on. It keeps "forgetting" the time, I mean, it is deconfigured in both BIOS and Windows. 

I thought that the solution was to reinstall or update the BIOS, since I already changed the RTC battery three times and all of them are new. 

What do you think it might be? Any suggestion is very much appreciated. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why that is happening, or what to do about it.

Most likely the BIOS chip on the motherboard has a problem, since replacing the RTC battery did not resolve the time and date settings being lost.

HP Recommended

I'm so grateful, you were of great help. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Sorry that the BIOS update did not fix the problem you are having.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.