Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360-13ap0007no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I want to connect a DVD player (LG BP60NB10)  supporting UHD 4K Blu-ray to HP Spectre X60.

To check that all requirements are (a lot) are met, I use Cyberlinks Ultra HD Blu-Ray.

It reports that all requiremenst are met except that Intel Management Engine Software and Intel SGX Technology IS NOT AVAILABLE and an error code saying that it can't be loaded.

I have downladed and installed SGX and IME drivers for windows 10 1803 from HP home page.

SGX is enabled in BIOS.

As understand these three steps should be enough to enable to SGX and IME.

Where could the problem be, in Windows SW, HP SW or is it something with Advisor program?

I have seen similar questions on Windows community for earlier version of Windows and other HW. I have never seen any answer on theses questions.

I hope you can help med with this. Thank's in advance!

There is another funtion in UHD 4K bu-ray  that is not supported by this notebook, HDR. It's not supported in Intel UHD 620, 630 and higher is required. But this is optional, so UHD 4K blu-ray will work anyway, but without HDR. That' a pity, but you have to live with.

BR

Björn

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Gunnar68 

That is something to do with Intel, not HP. Please try

https://software.intel.com/en-us/sgx-sdk

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank's for fast answer!

But the link is to SDK for SGX, I will not need SDK. I am a user, not a software developer, which SDK is intended for.

But I will post this question in HP Community anyway...

If you serach for SGX you can find similar question another notebook, but no answer!?

BR

Björn

HP Recommended

@Gunnar68 

I can spend under 100 dollar player to play DVD's and BD's but my 800 dollar player and also my over 2,000 dollar laptop can't play DVD's and BD's from different zones.

Using "security" terms, manufacturers and their networks only want to maximize their profit by blocking customers to buy cheaper (genuine) discs from different zones.

I believe SDX does the same thing but at the processor/CPU level.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I still don't understand why SDK shall be involved, when it's about USE of application SW.

Anyway I found this link to Intel about SGX.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/properly-detecting-intel-software-guard-extensions-in-your...

I have checked that the reuired DLLs are installed and they are.

Is there any people from HP reading this forum - thery may be able to sort this out...

Regards

HP Recommended

hi,

I have got suggestion from Intel to install the generic SGX driver, base + extension, which is a later version than the one on  HP hompage.

Intel Link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28538/Intel-Software-Guard-Extensions-Intel-SGX-Driver-for... 

I did so, but the problem persists.

Now I have tried with HP, Intel and Cyberlink. But still no solution.

I think this is issue shall be solved by HP.

How do I open a support case for this issue, so it got registred and investigated by HP?

BR/Björn

HP Recommended

I have found made further investigation and found the following:
The verification tool by Cyberlink reports that IME is not correctly installed. I have uninstalled both SGX interface and ME interface and downloaded the validated versions from HP Driver page and intstalled it, but the problem persists.

Could the problem be the firmware for IME? I found a utility that checks that IME is working properly. I can start the program and it seems to be working, nothing more happens!? Should the program work with my setup W10 1809? Is there any other way to check what is installed. I found an Intel page with the IME firmware for download, but it's hard to understand which is the correct one?

Could the problem be the MEI Firmware?

This problem  must be an issue for HP!!

Could someone from HP help me with this!!

I have been struggled with this for two weeks now.!

The HP support personell can not help with this!

BR/Björn

HP Recommended

I got the following answer from Intel about the problem with MEI:

Abigail_Intel (Intel)
Hello BHjal,

Thank you for the information provided.

We recommend you to get in contact with the OEM in order to know if there is an update that will be released soon for the Intel® Management Engine. Since this driver needs to be provided by the system manufacturer, in this case HP. That is the the reason for not being able to get this from the Intel Download Center. The compatibility within the driver and the operating system or the set up that you are using can be provided by the laptop manufacturer.

Regards,

Abigail G
Intel Customer Support Technician
Under Contract to Intel Corporation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.