Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs2018nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have just purchased HP laptop. It has INTEL SSDPEKNW512G8H ssd and i want to secure erase my ssd and make a clean windows installation. I wanna use Parted Magic program, i wrote it to usb using unetbootin but computer can not boot from the usb which includes parted magic. What can i do for that? Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@methefree As mentioned earlier, you can make use of the HP recovery manager to install the OS and create partitions as per the encrypted information stored on the OEM installation.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@methefree I see that your product was shipped with the Windows 10 Home 64bit as per your product specifications: click here to verify, as such you'll need to install the same OEM version back on the device using the HP recovery media, if you don't have one, you can click here for details on how to obtain one, or download the same using the HP cloud recovery by clicking here for details.

We don't recommend or support usage of 3rd party programs such as Parted Magic among others, the recovery media is encrypted to auto-install the OS after creating a partition on its own, so it pretty much covers all the steps the parted magic program would be needed for.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes it has been shipped with Windows 10 Home 64bit and it is installed in it and as far as i understand, technically it is impossible to apply a secure erase to ssd at all, right? Then, ok nothing to do. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@methefree As mentioned earlier, you can make use of the HP recovery manager to install the OS and create partitions as per the encrypted information stored on the OEM installation.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.