Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP notebook Z3E00EA#UUG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, 

I'd like to safely uninstall all MCAfee products on my new laptop as I need to run another AV system supplied by my company.  Even with my administrator level access it is not allowing me to uninstall it from Program files/apps.  When I try to activate Windows firewall it says this feature is controlled by MCAfee.  I cannot find the settings to deactivate MCafee 😞  I also read that uninstalling MCAfee could lead to loss of WIFI?

Surely we should be able to choose our own AV system when purchasing an HP product?

I'd therefore really appreciate step by step instructions from HP on how to safely remove all MCAfee products and would recommend making this easier for users to do - we should have a choice 🙂

Sincere thanks!

Namvula

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have you tried the mcAfee "Consumer Products Removal Tool"?

Removal Tool support page

Good old Windows Programs and Features in the Control Panel should also remove McAfee. Reboot after removal and have an alternate security suite ready to install. 

This tool also works pretty well:

https://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

You do have a choice. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Have you tried the mcAfee "Consumer Products Removal Tool"?

Removal Tool support page

Good old Windows Programs and Features in the Control Panel should also remove McAfee. Reboot after removal and have an alternate security suite ready to install. 

This tool also works pretty well:

https://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

You do have a choice. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  

The removal tool did the trick! phew 😄  

Was so frustrated as normal uninstall steps did not seem to get rid of it.

Much appreciated 🙂

HP Recommended

Go to Search Box on main windows screen

Type System Configuration

Select Startup Option

Select Open Task Manager

Select McAfee Safe Connect and change enable to disable status

HP Recommended

When i uninstall this app, why its take time so long? I've restart my notebook twice, but there is no change. Pls replay 

HP Recommended

how do you get rid of Mcafee on a HP laptop?

HP Recommended

This Post provides multiple ways to do it. Please read

HP Recommended

Hello, I am trying to uninstall my McAfee software and I have tried both from the control panel, using CC Cleaner, and using the McAfee consumer product remover tool and nothing has worked. With the McAfee consumer product remover tool, it would load about 1/8 of the way and then my computer would wait a really long time and restart. I have tried three times with this tool but nothing has worked. I have a hp spectre 2017 model.

One more problem I have- my computer randomly restarts multiple times throughout the day and I loose everything that was opened and I have to restore my computer tabs. This would also happen when my computer would go to sleep- so I have set it to not go to sleep. The battery is fine. I am not sure what the issue is- I am wondering if it is the McAfee software that has expired on its free trial. (There were around 36000 events due to McAfee software)

any help would be greatly appreciative

HP Recommended

I forcibly uninstalled it by downloading  the IObit Uninstaller- version 9 was out for me. It was super easy and quick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.