10-05-2017 11:20 PM - edited 10-05-2017 11:29 PM
Getting pretty tired ....regardless of screen/display or power savings settings, this notebook turns off the screen after ~1 minute of inactivity and makes me enter my password.
Any ideas on how to fix this would really be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-07-2017 10:04 AM
Hey there! @kurtwm, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!
I understand the screen timeouts after 60 seconds and locks your PC.
Don't worry I'd like to help you out.
Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?
Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.
As you mentioned the screen timeouts after 60 seconds and locks your PC.
Try the steps recommended below.
I would suggest you check the Screensaver settings on the computer. Go to Settings << System << Power and Sleep << Screen and Sleep both should be set to “Never.”
Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.
Refer these steps:
1. Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
4. Run the Power troubleshooter
If Method 1 doesn’t help, try Method 2.
Method 2: Change Power settings on the system.
Follow the steps below:
Check if allow this device to wake the computer is checked in Device Manager.
1. Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit Enter.
2. Select keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and select ‘Properties’.
3. Select the ‘Power Management’ tab.
4. Check the “Allow this device to wake the computer” checkbox.
5. Repeat these steps for Mouse and Network adapters as well.
If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.
Let me know if this works!
Have a beautiful weekend ahead! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-16-2019 05:25 PM
Envy flip with Windows 10. Times out in a couple of minutes even with all settings for much longer. When the computer is rebooted the problem goes away. But after a regular time out or manual sleep, problem comes back. Tried both of the above, but no difference. Have external monitor attached. Any help would be appreciated.