Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all and to the community,

I had used HP laptops for several years before buying my Samsung QX 410 laptop in 2012. It has the feature of %80 battery charging feature and I still admire the battery life. I still use it with 80% charging and battery is still not dead and have a duration of more than an hour. However, I need to buy a new laptop paviliion x360 which has a touchpad and it is a really expensive. 

From my readings battery health manager/battery care function is loaded into BIOS only for business laptops/ premiums. Our laptops without that function have tattoed BIOS and supposedly there is no way to install such feature to a Pavillion x 360. Yes our laptops are inferior laptops, having 5 hours of battery duration with several other superior specs and really expensive.

Come on HP,  it is 2022 and you still insist not to put up that utility into our BIOSes. My battery is new and  I know it is getting depreciated for overuse with cable. Probably it will die in two years. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi@nazilli,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Battery Care Function or Battery Health Manager issues with the HP Pavilion x360.

I have a few recommendations 

• Click on this link for more details. https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/ish_4449597-3519507-16
  • HP Battery Health Manager is a BIOS-level setting available in most HP business notebooks. It is designed to help optimize battery life by mitigating the exposure of the notebook battery to key factors, such as high state-of-charge, that can accelerate battery swelling and chemical aging over time.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

come on. these are fixed clauses for my request. I know what it needs. there is a need for an update which allows my laptop stop charging at 80% to save my battery life.  I paid a lot for this laptop and this is a minor specs for many other branded ordinary laptops as I told at the top.

HP Recommended

Hi@nazilli,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

Go to Power Options section – click the Change plan settings hyperlink. Then click on the Change advanced power settings hyperlink. Now scroll down and expand the Battery tree and then Reserve battery level and change the percentage to what you want.

There is an option in BIOS via Settings -> Advanced Startup an option in Power Management.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi again, there is no such option in my BİOS at Pavillion x360 14- ba0xx.. I am using the most updated version F57.a at my BİOS.  WhatsApp Image 2022-04-23 at 14.16.00.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-23 at 14.15.48.jpeg

It is even not an UEFI BIOS. It is an old one, though I updated twice i.e F12 and F57 versions. 

Could u pls elaborate further w.r.t my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi@nazilli,

HP Battery Health Manager is a BIOS-level setting available in most HP business notebooks. It is designed to help optimize battery life by mitigating the exposure of the notebook battery to key factors, such as high state-of-charge, that can accelerate battery swelling and chemical aging over time.

I apologize for the Inconvenience. It is not available on this model.

For more details click on this link https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/ish_4449597-3519507-16

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Is it too difficult to make an update for my BIOS? Does HP want to earn from battery sales? with this usage my battery will die in 2 years. charging %100 is not a novelty or luxury. As I told at the top, Samsung has its spec  80% chargin in 2011 and I am still using its battery. 

We ask HP and developers to build up a BIOS update for 80% charging or should I by a new laptop any other than HP?

HP Recommended

Hi@nazilli,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. We appreciate and value your feedback.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I think I know how will they respond to your inquiry. From previous posts to related issues, they will respond to you that those laptops have tattoed BiOSes and cannot be updated to such spec. Only business laptops...

HP Recommended

Hi@nazilli,

I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.