Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea0000 (1Q877AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I recently just bought the new HP Spectre x360 14 and I use my notebook every other day. I always shut down my laptop every after use because leaving it on a sleep mode it might drain the battery.  What is the best power option to use? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's good practice to just turn it off if you're not going to be using it for a few hours or more. And, if it's plugged in between uses the battery won't get drained no matter what state you leave it in. The most important power saving feature when using battery power is to limit screen brightness and have the screen turn off whenever it's not being actively used. This means you want a short timeout for "screen off" in your settings for battery powered operation. 

For long-term lifespan of the battery of a laptop used primarily on AC power it's a good idea to limit the charge state to around 80%. There is a setting in BIOS for this on my Elitebook 840 G8 but I'm not sure if it's the same on a Spectre x360 or not. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@staecyD

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 on how to improve Battery Performance

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's good practice to just turn it off if you're not going to be using it for a few hours or more. And, if it's plugged in between uses the battery won't get drained no matter what state you leave it in. The most important power saving feature when using battery power is to limit screen brightness and have the screen turn off whenever it's not being actively used. This means you want a short timeout for "screen off" in your settings for battery powered operation. 

For long-term lifespan of the battery of a laptop used primarily on AC power it's a good idea to limit the charge state to around 80%. There is a setting in BIOS for this on my Elitebook 840 G8 but I'm not sure if it's the same on a Spectre x360 or not. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.