Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-k000 CTO Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use a fingerprint scanner and SimplePass to store my passwords to websites using the Google Chrome browser.  SimplePass has recently stopped working.  I went to the HP Support page for Software and Drivers,  downloaded the latest version of SimplePass (sp76923), and started the installation.  During the installation the following error message came up: 

"OPlnst64: failed to load autheng.dll". I clicked OK to continue the installation (as it was the only option given).  The install completed but didn't fix my password problem in Chrome. Has anyone had the fingerprint password to stop working? Is there a fix? or is there a way to retrieve my stored passwords in SimplePass?  HELP!!!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-K000 CTO Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

I use a fingerprint scanner and SimplePass to store my passwords to websites using the Google Chrome browser.  SimplePass has recently stopped working.  I went to the HP Support page for Software and Drivers,  downloaded the latest version of SimplePass (sp76923), and started the installation.  During the installation the following error message came up: 

"OPlnst64: failed to load autheng.dll". I clicked OK to continue the installation (as it was the only option given).  The install completed but didn't fix my password problem in Chrome. Has anyone had the fingerprint password to stop working? Is there a fix? or is there a way to retrieve my stored passwords in SimplePass?  HELP!!!

HP Recommended

@JM433

Welcome to HP support community.

Uninstall SimplePass

Go to Control Panel > set icon view > Programs and Features > Right-click >>

scroll, find HP SimplePass > Uninstall.

Reinstall the HP simple pass 

Refer this HP document for the steps to reinstall and setup SimplePass:- Click here

Update google chrome

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click Update Google Chrome. If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
  4. Click Relaunch.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandythechy20,

I followed your instructions and the above error message did not come up this time, but the HP SimplePass chrome extension will not instill. My version of chrome is updated to the latest version. The attached screen capture shows an install button, but when I click on it nothing happens.  When I check the chrome extension in the 'More tools' section to see if it installed, it's not there.  Do you have any suggestions??? Thanks

Photo.JPG

HP Recommended

@JM433

a) Go to Settings in Chrome. Look for the "Extensions" menu, and click on "Get more extensions".

b) In the Chrome Web Store, search for "SimplePass" and it should appear under Extensions. Click on "+ Free" to install it, then try using it.

• You can try to reset Chrome to default settings: Reset browser settings
  • System Restore, just because time travel is sometimes useful: System Restore
  • Try the steps in an Incognito window (yes, I just suggested that). Incognito mode disables all extensions by default (at least it's supposed to). You can re-enable all extensions, including Website login             ones.
  • Download and install an older version of Chrome, then try to get SimplePass and website login extensions working: Old Version of Google Chrome

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandytechy20,

The SimplePass Chrome Extensions are no longer available in the Chrome Web Store. I cannot find any other information on the SimplePass Chrome Extensions. See the attached screen capture:

Chrome.JPG

I have tried the suggestion in your prior post.  Installing an older Chrome browser, System restore point don't go back far enough, Incognito window doesn't fix the issue.  Can you confirm if HP Simpepass is still supported by Chrome?  If not, is there a different software that HP suggest I use?   

HP Recommended

@JM433

Here is the link for HP SimplePass extension:- Click here

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.