08-24-2015 12:27 PM
I upgraded to Windows 10 and I am having sleep mode and shutdown issues.
When I put the computer to sleep the screen goes off but the fan and power button light stays on. Once this happens, the system locks and I have to do a hard restart to get it to power back up. The same thing happens when I click "shutdown" to turn the computer off. I get a message that the system is shutting down but it doesn't turn off. The screen goes off but the fan and power light stay on.
Any help solving this issue would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-25-2015 01:37 PM
HOW TO RESOLVE SLEEP/SHUTDOWN ISSUES
- Download version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.
- Navigate HP's Software and Driver Downloads site (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html) to find the latest approved driver for your model. Filter by version, selecting Microsoft Windows 8.1 on the dropdown menu. Look for the download in the "Driver-Chipset" category. If an MEI driver with a version number starting in 9 or 10 is listed, download it. [Version 220.127.116.110 1.5M (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66228.exe) will work for most models.]
- If an MEI driver with a version number starting in 9 or 10 is NOT listed, download the appropriate driver directly from Intel (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=intel+management+engine). [Version 18.104.22.1680 1.5M (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23091/Intel-ME-9-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC) will work for most models.]
- In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
- Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
- Click Stop to stop the service from running.
- Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.
- NOTE: You do NOT need to uninstall version 11 before installing version 9 or 10. The presence of some version of the driver is required in order to "upgrade" (or in this case downgrade) it.
11-10-2016 05:42 AM
I have faced a similar problem, but only when the system goes in to auto sleep mode when it is not used for a certain number of minutes. In order to solve the same i have followed through the steps recommended here, but when trying to install Intel Management Engine Interface version 22.214.171.1240 the system shows an error message which states;
''This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing this software''
My OS is Windows 10, and PC is HP Probook 650 G2.