Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
1kvo3ua#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im not sure that this is where it belongs but here i go. About two months ago my computer suddenly presented me with an issue ive been fighting with. Certain keys on my keyboard arent working. All the ones that arent working as far as i know are both of my six's, five above the keyboard, function lock key, underscore, backslash, tilda, and the addition key on the numpad.

Ive looked at many "fixes" such as, Mouse buttons in ease of access, reinstalling my keyboard driver, and i even reinstalled windows most recently, none of which have had any effect. The more i see the more i think it may be a registry issue, but im too afraid to mess with anything in there for fear of permanent damage. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jac-Jen 

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03738933

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, but ive already done all i can with that troubleshooting. I'll run the key test one more time and see if anything new pops up. I've browsed the internet for about a week now and havent found anything that has helped yet. Im not sure what files i would need to post to help the most either. Here is the Failure id for the keyboard test, if it helps. 0K2EKA-8Q99H3-XD7URG-G1JM13

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.