Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Support Assistant
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I downloaded the latest version of HP Support Assistant SP135667 on Windows 11 and the CAB file would not extract. I tried the setup anyway and it fails. Has anyone installed this successfully on Windows 11? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, You can download the file from the below link  I downloaded and installed it and it worked as I had the same issue as you

when I tried downloading from the HP site the CAB file could not be extracted, hope this will solve your problem

Download HP Support Assistant 9.7.536.0 (softpedia.com)

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

@gapperguy 

HPSA will ask you to update/upgrade to the right version. As soon as after upgrade my machine to Windows 11, HPSA asked me to update HPSA and I simply clicked.

hpsa 211014.png

My old HPSA showed 2 products, now only one. Probably when upgrading HPSA could not find other product I will turn on my HP Omen (also Windows 11) and upgrade HPSA to see how they are connected, they physically are on same desk.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I first downloaded it using Edge and got a security error for unknown app. Said to save anyway. Then I tried downloading it with Chrome. Didn't get a security message, but when I ran the file got an unknown app error. CAB extract failed for both browsers.

HP Recommended

I did a clean install of Windows 11 and have no prior HPSA installed.

HP Recommended

I was able to install the legacy version of HPSA successfully. Says there is an update available to newer version. Clicked on that and update fails.

HP Recommended

@gapperguy wrote:

I was able to install the legacy version of HPSA successfully. Says there is an update available to newer version. Clicked on that and update fails.

@gapperguy 

Without update, does HPSA work ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, the Legacy version is working fine. When I click the newer version in the upper left corner, it downloads ok but fails the install with just x's.

HP Recommended

Hi, You can download the file from the below link  I downloaded and installed it and it worked as I had the same issue as you

when I tried downloading from the HP site the CAB file could not be extracted, hope this will solve your problem

Download HP Support Assistant 9.7.536.0 (softpedia.com)

HP Recommended

Thank you @sidath_123. This helped me. This really worked. As mentioned in your post,

I downloaded the file from the link you shared - Download HP Support Assistant 9.7.536.0 (softpedia.com) and I  installed it and that worked.

I had upgraded to Windows 11. The issue I faced with HPSA was, whenever I clicked the download driver option in HPSA, it will ask me to restart the laptop and after restart, nothing would happen. If I try again, the same thing would happen. It was not reaching anywhere. I browsed tech support forums and I saw someone mentioning to uninstall the HPSA and download the latest version from HP Support site. I did that and faced the CAB issue and was not able to install as Install was failing. 

After I installed the file, everything was working fine. When I checked clicking download, it worked properly.

HP Recommended

you are the man. well-done! million's thanks . it worked very well with this link Download HP Support Assistant 9.7.536.0 (softpedia.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.