Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I see the same thing trying to use the download while running Windows 10 20H2.  &Zip says a CRC error if I try to use it to extract the files.  HP can't you fix your download?  I really would rather not get files from a third party.

HP Recommended

HP has fixed the problem. I was able to install from the HP website.

HP Recommended

thanks man it helped

HP Recommended

I guess the problem is back because I’m having the same problem on all my pc’s HP has to look into this issue I had to download from the third party site too I don’t like to do that either.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for this . It worked well.

HP Recommended

I actually installed the legacy version and did the upgrade by selecting the new version available box. Worked well.

HP Recommended

Hi -- hey, I don't know anything about any CAB file -- I only know that this HP Support Assistant download did not download and auto-start (I told it to) -- I have Windows 11... am I missing something? (I wouldn't be surprised... 🙂  ) -- I have an HP Laptop -- it always had the HP support assistant -- sure wish I could get it back, somehow, some time... thanks 🙂

Kaser49er

HP Recommended

did not work

HP Recommended

You must first install the legacy version of HP Assistant on your Windows 11 computer. It is the older version on the HP website. Once installed, start it and select newer version available. Install that version and it is now current. I didn't think the CAB filename problem was ever fixed on the HP website for the current version.

HP Recommended

What a pity that I cannot make it.  The system still have error of -2 even I installed sp135667.  Is that any other solutions or links to download?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.