Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13-4109no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with my Spectre X360 laptop. Exact model 13-4109no.

If I fold the screen to tent or tablet mode, nothing happens. Tablet mode will not be enabled and keyboard will not turn off, which basically makes the mode completely unusable. Also if I manually activate tablet mode screen will not rotate and keyboard still stays enabled.

I have tried to install latest drivers a few times, didn't do anything good. BIOS is also the latest version.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Kassu,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues with the HP Spectre x360 Tablet mode not working. Don't worry I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Here's a related HP Forum post which has helped others: Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Kassu,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues with the HP Spectre x360 Tablet mode not working. Don't worry I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Here's a related HP Forum post which has helped others: Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

First of all, thanks. The Intel Sensor Solution driver (ver. 3.0.10.3036 Rev.A) mentioned on the last page of that post fixed the issue for me completely.

But, it's the old version of the driver. I downloaded the latest version (ver. 3.0.20.3157 Rev.A) of that same driver before from HP support page and installing that version completely broke all of the tablet functions of my laptop: tablet mode wouldn't enable and all sensors like accelerometer and gyroscope would stop working completely.

So, it seems that the latest version is somehow faulty, and in my opinion it shouldn't be available as the recommended latest version if it doesn't at all work as intended.

But anyways, my problem got solved and I'm happy for that, so thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @Kassu,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I had the same problem and was told to ship the unit back to HP for repairs as the Gyro was faulty. Thsi was on the 1st of Feb. I hve now been informed that the unit cannot be repired till the 23rd of Feb as the part has i snot available and has to be ordered.

I bought the Spectre in Aug last year and have had multiple problem witht it since then requiring multiple resets over the last 6 months. HP Customer service refuses to replace the fauty machine using a wierd logic ..that UK law doesnt allow it to do so as teh fault wasnt reporte dwithi 30 days. Can some one advise what I should do? I am without a working laptop for 3 weeks!

Thanks

HP Recommended

I know its long after the posted but i came here searching for the same answer. I had the same problem on my ZBook X360 G5, and i tried all the solutions surgested. i reinstalled windows 3 times and tried all combinations og drivers available. and regedit change didnt work either.

Then i called the HP support agent in my contrey and the first thing he asked my was....

"Have you tried to shot down your computer and then hold the power botton down for 30 sec"

i thought he was joking becouse that solution i didnt find anyware on the internet.

BUT IT WORKED.

it both fixed my propblem with tablet mode, Auto rotaion and a problem where light in capslock was on all the time.

So if someone as me comes along and finds this post this migt help too 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.