Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 4740s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Standard-VGA-Graphics-adapter-This-dev...

I have the same issue as this guy asking. However, the file that is provided by the answer has been corrupted. If this file can be reuploaded properly, that would be appreciated. I know this is quite old but I want to resolve this problem. If there is a new solution it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Because it is the amd/intel switchable graphics driver, it is the only one you can use.

That is a custom driver and it is the only one that will work on your notebook.

If you can download the file, use 7-zip to extract it into its folder and run the setup.exe file from within there.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

It is also the same hardware ID for standard VGA graphics adapter.

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6841&SUBSYS_17F4103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6841&SUBSYS_17F4103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6841&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6841&CC_0300

HP Recommended

Hi:

I downloaded the file and cannot find anything wrong with it.

It downloaded with no errors at all in less than 2 minutes for me.

Try a different browser.

I also used the free 7-zip file utility to extract the driver exe into its folders.

The extraction was successful and all the driver files are present.

HP Recommended

Would there be any risk if I install the wrong driver? Can I just use AMD Radeon HD 7650M that I find online?

And should I uninstall Catalyst Control Center before installing this AMD Video Driver and Control Panel?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Because it is the amd/intel switchable graphics driver, it is the only one you can use.

That is a custom driver and it is the only one that will work on your notebook.

If you can download the file, use 7-zip to extract it into its folder and run the setup.exe file from within there.

HP Recommended

Thanks it works now. Just a final question.

Where do you open Catalyst Control Center? It is in the small taskbar thing but I want to know where it can be easily opened.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It should be in your programs listing.

You can also just right click on your windows desktop and open it.

HP Recommended

Oh thanks so much!

When I go through Hotkeys Manager, it only shows two graphics card which are Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.

Isn't one of these meant to be AMD Radeon HD 7650M? I am not sure if it is working or not but it shows in device manager now so it is probably resolved.

HP Recommended

This laptop is pretty much a desktop now and its permanently plugged in with power. Can i just disable Intel Graphics so it only uses AMD Radeon?

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you see the AMD graphics adapter listed along with the Intel HD graphics driver under the Display Adapters device manager category, and there are no ! marks next to either of them, then the graphics is working fine.

I believe your notebook has dynamic switchable graphics, which means the notebook decides which GPU to use based on graphics demands.

So the Intel graphics adapter will always be use first and will normally be the only one showing up in hotkeys and other programs.

You can only set one or the other GPU as the default if your notebook has the fixed switchable graphics system.

Please see this link regarding switchable graphics.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03048374

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.