Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Laptop 14-ax0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So my parents bought me this laptop a few years ago and I immediately abandoned it because it ran poorly and had no space for the update that it has needed from the first time it was turned on. It supposedly has 30GB of storage, 15 of which are labeled 'System and Reserved' and I'm told the computer will not run without them. Okay so I should have at least 15 GB to work with? No, not even close. The only this I have downloaded on this laptop is Google Chrome; 545MB. The laptop still runs like garbage and there is no hope of updating the thing as is. Is there any possible way to solve this? I would not know where to start, or even if the system is even compatible with a storage upgrade. As it stands my only options is to just trash the thing as I cannot even write properly or use the internet.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@NotPleased1 

What is your HP Stream Laptop 14-ax0XX ? Normally it ONLY has 32GB of eMMC and it does not have any more room for you to move after installing a few apps.

No, you can't upgrade storage for it. It is not designed for a normal user. You can use it one the move to check email and view internet.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I do not understand the question that you open with. Also, "Not meant for normal users'? Are you telling me HP charges $400 for a laptop that can do NOTHING besides check emails? I can hardly even do that with how poorly it functions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.