Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
440 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, everybody,

I'm on the edge of desperation. I bought a brand new HP 440 G6 a few weeks ago. I installed Windows 10 and also all drivers. I got the drivers directly from the manufacturer website (HP.com). Although everything seems to be installed successfully, I miss the Synaptics icon at the bottom right next to the clock. I also miss the Synaptics tab in the touchpad settings (see Figure 1 at the bottom of the post).When I enter "Synaptics" in the start menu and try to start the "Synaptics Touchpad Setting Manager - Commercial" I get an error message (see Figure 2). In the device manager the driver seems to be recognized correctly, at least "Synaptic HID Clickpad" is listed there (Figure 3).

I tried everything possible to get both the Synaptics tab and the Synaptics icon back, searched half the internet and tried several solutions from different forums: unfortunately no success! I have tried the following solutions:

1) HP Synaptic driver setup (sp96992.exe) installed. If i run the setup, nothing happens.
2) Driver installation using HP's driver wizard
3) Synaptic app from the Microsoft Store ==> gives me an error. 
4) Driver signature verification disabled
5) https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...shown-in-mouse-properties/m-p/5104432#M185389

My question to you: do you have any other idea what to try? I really have no idea what more can be tried.

Here is some information about the system:
- HP 440 G6
- Windows 10 Version 1909
- No antivirus program on the notebook
- latest Windows update already installed
- Further information is available on request.

I'd appreciate some answers.

Best regards,
Momi117

P.S.: sorry I didn't add the pictures as an attachment but I couldn't find the function for it.

Figure 1:

figure_1.png

Figure 2:

BIld_2.png

Figure 3:

Bild_3.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Nobody has any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.