Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Team,

I brought new hp pavillion notebook au009tx day before yesterday with 1Tb HDD, 8GB ram, 2.5ghz, 4gb nvidea grapgics.

I did nothing after purchasing stil my laptop is tooo slow. It takes too long to open cmd also,dxdiag command also. I dint installed any software yet. Just updated windows latest updates. Still laptop is tooo slow. Please provide me the solution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kunalofficial11

Thank you for your reply. Please view my private message.

Ideally,  Windows refresh should have taken care of the slowness. I suggest you to run the hardware diagnostics on the laptop bu following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a quick test on the hard drive. If the test passes then you may run the extensive test on the hard drive.
  • Also, run a test on them memory, process and system board. 

If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform a system recovery (reinstall Windows). This will restore the laptop to it's original factory condition. This will delete all your data.

Hope this helps. Let me know the results. Good luck! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Kunalofficial11

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have a new HP Pavilion 15-au009tx laptop and it's performance is very slow I read that you have not installed any software and have only updated Windows.  Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• How long does it take for the laptop to load the Windows desktop screen after you power it on?
  • Do you get popups and other messages?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

I suggest you to perform the steps as described in detail from this link. These steps usually help to fix performance related issues in Windows 10.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended
Laptop get starts in few seconds after pressing power button, main problem is after starting the system disk utilisation goes upto 100% without starting any application?? Please provide me solution for this??
HP Recommended

@Kunalofficial11

Hi,

Did you try the steps from my previous post to improve the performance of your laptop? If yes, then suggest you to perform Windows refresh (repair). This will repair any issues with the Windows operating system and will not delete your personal data. The following list shows what happens when you refresh your computer:

• Your files and personalization settings such as libraries, user accounts, and desktop themes are saved.

• The computer settings are returned to the defaults.

• Apps from the Windows store are reinstalled, and the settings are reset to their defaults. Internet connectivity is not required to reinstall these apps.

• Desktop apps are removed unless they were installed by the computer manufacturer. At the end of the refresh process, an HTML file called Removed Apps.html is placed on the desktop with a list of the desktop apps that were removed.

Please click on this link to know how to perform a refresh. 
NOTE: Though this link offers steps for Win8, the steps would work for Win10 too. 

Hope this does the trick. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

i tried the the solution provide by you, still my system disk utilisation is 100% without any application running. post running application i cant even open a notepad. facing system slowness just in 4 dyas after purchasing??? i heard lot about HP products , this was not expected. kindly provide me solution for system slowness. if you want i can give you control using teamviewer.

HP Recommended

@Kunalofficial11

Thank you for your reply. Please view my private message.

Ideally,  Windows refresh should have taken care of the slowness. I suggest you to run the hardware diagnostics on the laptop bu following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a quick test on the hard drive. If the test passes then you may run the extensive test on the hard drive.
  • Also, run a test on them memory, process and system board. 

If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform a system recovery (reinstall Windows). This will restore the laptop to it's original factory condition. This will delete all your data.

Hope this helps. Let me know the results. Good luck! 

HP Recommended

well as per solution provide by you i tried windows recovery and tested using hp UEFI tool. even after both the solution my laptop disk utilisation is 100% constant??

i purchased this laptop from HP authorised Shop, not from online shopping or wholeseller, still facing this kind of issue

seeking help from you side, please let me know replacement policy for my laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.