Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 Convertible 13 - ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I updated my windows 10 to the latest version and found warning in TPM. It said that I have to updated the TPM to the latest version, but I did'nt found where to download it. Could you help me?

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended
The update is available from HP Support. Why it doesn't show up under the normal software update page, I do not know. Just search in the support pages for TPM update. Open the most recent link, and find your computer in the list. Installing the update will wipe your PIN, fingerprints, and face from the TPM, so make sure you have another way to login.
HP Recommended

I have the problem where to find the firmware update does not work. Searching for "tpm update" gives this page:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/search?q=tpm%20update&filter=-1

There is no date on the articles, so I cannot choose the most recent link, as you suggest. However, the first two links aren't what we're after, and the third link is the Security Update page that Obethlee mentioned, which does not reference our laptop.

If there is a page we've missed that has the TPM update for the Spectre x360 13-ac0xx I would be grateful for the link.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hello everyone, 

You could try this article: [removed per expert's request]

Best regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thank you, Eddy. Unfortunately that utility looks like it isn't appropriate. It appeared long before the Windows 10 1803 update (which seems to have triggered the warning on the laptop) and it predates the laptop itself. So the laptop that Obethlee and I both have is not listed as one the the utility applies to.

GIven how deep the TPM is buried in the system I am very unwilling to try anything that isn't specifically made for the model we have.

HP Recommended

An update on this: I spoke to HP Support (Tue 1 May 2018). They said they had spoken to Microsoft about the issue, who thought that perhaps the warning message about the TPM might not have been correct. They also said to wait a week a so, since this is a new issue and new Windows version, and that is when another update may well appear.

HP Recommended

I'm afraid I don't believe what you were told by Tech Support. The security flaw in the Infinieon TPM modules was widely publicized and affected every TPM module produced by them. So, unless your particular model of X360 has a module vastly different from all the others, it needs a fix. When I applied the fix to my Spectre X360 13-ae0XX the Windows  warning message in the TPM snapin went away. This is NOT a new issue with a new Windows update. 

Here is the link to the article on HP's website about the issue: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792935?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001 . Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you will see patches available for all the other Spectre X360 models, including the most recent 13" model. Your version of the laptop is not listed at all, which I find odd. I wish I could be more help. Perhaps with this link in hand, you can try to have a more indepth conversation with HP support and try to a get an answer as to why only your model is not on the list. The link should also demonstrate that the problem is not new.

On the bright side, this particular security vulnerability only comes into play if someone has physical access to your laptop, I believe.

HP Recommended

Induna, your understanding of the situation - and the oddity that my laptop is not listed - is expressed very well.

Tech Support did (apparently) see the document you linked to. I don't know how much to believe them, but I will contact them in a month's time if the firmware update has not appeared there. I note that document is already on revision 6. Perhaps another revision will have the relevant firmware update.

HP Recommended

Hi, I  got the same warning message "A firmware update is needed for your security processor (TPM)" for my Spectre X360 13-ae0XX after the latest Windows 10 update version 1803.

Please share the steps on how to fix the issue after installed the firmware from https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792935?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001 ?

Can I clear the TPM without backup my data? I have 2 drives partition. C drive for OS and D drive for my data.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

HP Recommended
The page I linked has links to very detailed instructions. I would read them if I were you, rather than taking someone else's opinion. It's your data after all.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.