Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360

There are some task in my task manager that refuse to clear. Majority of them clear, however, there will be one every couple of day that does not clear and they are beginning to pile up on my task manager. They do not ever go away and just turn a lighter color as if they are in the process of clearing but never do. Why is this and is there a way that I can fix it/avoid it in the future?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gabbyvee 

I don't use Edge for a variety of reasons, mostly which, it CONTINUES to have serious problems even though MS has been pushing it on us for years, now.  I use Opera or FireFox, instead.

As to the Word document, this is an MS Office problem and we don't have the resources to debug those.  Sorry, but you would have to contact Microsoft about MS Office issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gabbyvee 

You can't clear ALL tasks from task manager because some are system tasks and protected -- you require those for the OS to function.

If you listed the names of the tasks you're having problems with, perhaps someone could help.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. These tasks are previously closed Microsoft edge websites as well as one word document. If you could help me further or point me in the right direction that’d be great. 

HP Recommended

@gabbyvee 

I don't use Edge for a variety of reasons, mostly which, it CONTINUES to have serious problems even though MS has been pushing it on us for years, now.  I use Opera or FireFox, instead.

As to the Word document, this is an MS Office problem and we don't have the resources to debug those.  Sorry, but you would have to contact Microsoft about MS Office issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.