Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to create tasks in the Task Scheduler which can wake up the computer from sleep in order to run them, at least when the computer is connected to AC power,  I have done this successfully with many desktops, but failed so far with this laptop.  It came with W10 Home about a year ago, and I was unable to create such a task at that time.  More recently, I have:   

1) updated the BIOS  and hp recommended drivers

2) done a clean install of W10 Pro,

3) done a registry edit to make "Allow wake timers" option visible in Control Panel > Power plan advanced settings (showing correctly that they were by default enabled on AC power)

4) Created an enabled task with "Wake the computer to run this task" checked on the "Conditions" tab

To test, I plugged the computer in and put it to sleep from the desktop using Start > Power > Sleep.

At the task's scheduled time, nothing happens; I wake the computer manually from the keyboard, and the task runs.

The Task Scheduler shows that the run time was after I woke the computer, not when it was scheduled to run.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as any customized maintenance is impractical without this capability.

Thanks in advance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.