Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0041ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After reinstalling Windows, my card reader stopped working. The card reader itself works (I checked it on the same laptop of a friend). When I try to install the driver, I get the error "The driver is not supported on this OS version" How can I solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, so the remaining device is the SD card reader, and the driver I gave you does not contain driver support for the hardware ID you posted, so here is how to manually install the driver from your notebook's support page...

Download and run this driver file again...

This package contains the driver that enables the Alcor Micro Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96445.exe 

After you get 'The driver is not supported on this OS version' message, close out of that error window.

Go to the device manager.   Click on the  PCI\VEN_1AEA&DEV_6625 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option and browse to the driver location of the file you ran.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp96445.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this version of the driver works for you if you are running the latest build of W10...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112848.exe 

HP Recommended

HI. I can't say for sure if it works or not. Personally, this driver did not work for me. Maybe my problem is that I had an old driver installed. I'll try again after a system reset. But anyway, thanks a lot for the updated driver

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Are there any devices listed in the device manager that need drivers?

If the SD card reader is missing a driver, Windows normally labels it as a PCI device.

HP Recommended

HI. Yes. I have several devices that are marked as psi device, several unknown, and several psi controller for data extraction and signal processing 9mI4OWV.png. When connecting and disconnecting the SD card, the device manager updates the window

HP Recommended

Hi:

This driver should install some of those devices.  Restart the PC after installing the driver.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101171.exe 

The second PCI Acquisition and signaling...and one unknown device should be installed by this driver...

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95216.exe 

After you install both of these drivers, please post the hardware ID's for the remaining devices that still need drivers.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

Since there are two PCI devices listed, I don't know which one is for the card reader, and since the driver you tried and I gave you did not install, then the driver probably has to be manually installed to bypass the operating system checker.

But you need to do that from the correct device.

HP Recommended

Now i have only 1 device. Here is his id: PCI\VEN_1AEA&DEV_6625&SUBSYS_8478103C&REV_00 . I entered this id into the browser and this is it

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help. I entered the id card reader and found your message. I tried to do everything according to the instructions indicated in the message and everything worked out. thanks a lot. Here is a link to a solution to this problem if anyone needs it: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/%D0%94%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%B2%...

HP Recommended

OK, so the remaining device is the SD card reader, and the driver I gave you does not contain driver support for the hardware ID you posted, so here is how to manually install the driver from your notebook's support page...

Download and run this driver file again...

This package contains the driver that enables the Alcor Micro Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96445.exe 

After you get 'The driver is not supported on this OS version' message, close out of that error window.

Go to the device manager.   Click on the  PCI\VEN_1AEA&DEV_6625 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option and browse to the driver location of the file you ran.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp96445.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. I entered the ID of the card reader and found your solution to the same problem only to another person. Everything worked for me. Thank you very much again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.