Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15 gaming laptop ec0000nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys! 

Recently I saw that, while just staying on online lessons, on google meet, my temperature of my Ryzen processor 5 3550h is between 34-39 degrees.  Is this normal for a Ryzen processor? 

Also, when I'm playing games, the temperature reaches 60 degrees. I play for example War Thunder, which is a demanding game but my GTX 1050 3gb and this Ryzen processor gives me like 60 fps on high settings.

The question is: its normal for my processor to have 33-39 degrees bein on google while gaming the temps reach 60 degrees, but no more than that. Its normal?

Thanks in advance.

Cosmin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cos11

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

To get the answer to this question, 33° to 39°  is absolutely fine. While gaming, your hardware needs to operate at a higher rate to ensure performance levels are met. So, naturally, your components get much hotter.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Cos11

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

To get the answer to this question, 33° to 39°  is absolutely fine. While gaming, your hardware needs to operate at a higher rate to ensure performance levels are met. So, naturally, your components get much hotter.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! 

Now I feel comfortable that I know this.

Cosmin

HP Recommended

@Cos11

Thank you for posting back. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes! Thank you!

I have another quick question. I found in BIOS that i can make my fan always On. Because i like cool temperatures, i choose this settings. ITs beneficial for my CPU temp? While doing editing on videos and stuff i have 33-39 degrees, and when I'm gaming, no more than 50 degrees. I use Ryzen controller too. 

The question is: will my fans will be affected if I use them always on? 

HP Recommended

@Cos11

To get the answer to this question, no it won’t affect the fan performance. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I have just one more question.

Its ok if my Ryzen 5 3550H gets 60 degrees while staying on google?

I am just trying to find a possible answer. While gaming the temps don't go more than 75degrees because I have Ryzen controller.

Because i moved from Intel to Ryzen, all this temps scare me. 

HP Recommended

I just reset  all my settings to default, so i don't have anymore fan always on. 

HP Recommended

@Cos11

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.