Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15cw0007nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there!

On the support page for my laptop, I see 3 graphic drivers for my Vega mobile. One for 1703 Windows (23.20.828.2048), one for 1709/1803 (23.20.808.5888) and one for 1803 (23.20.826.1792).

Although the 1703 one seems newest, I have used the 1803 one because of my Windows version. Now, I switched to 1809 version, and the HP Support Assistant app is suggesting me to donwload the 1703 version.

What should I do?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Benel,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you would like to know the latest graphics card driver you should install on your PC - after looking at the HP support website, it should be v1803.

Version: 23.20.826.1792 Rev.C

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Benel,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you need assistance with graphics drivers for your HP Notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What exactly seems to be an issue with the computer?

Have you tried to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the HP Support Assistant?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let's start off by updating the drivers using Windows update: 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the display drivers from device manager:

Display drivers:

Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10

Select Device Manager.

Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, and graphics card drivers from our HP support website, using this link.

Bios - Click here to download and install the latest file.

Graphics card drivers - Click here to download and install the latest drivers.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the HP Support Assistant from the control panel and then reinstall the latest version.

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to download and install the latest display drivers from the manufacturer's website.

I would recommend you go ahead and download and install AMD detect tool  -Click here

Once you have downloaded the AMD detect tool on your PC, please go ahead and uninstall thee display drivers from Device manager.

Once done, restart the computer and then double click on the AMD detect file which you have saved and click on Run, follow the procedure to install the display drivers.

Once done, restart the computer and check how it goes.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

But this really does not adress my question. Why do you only copy-paste a template reply without even reading my question carefully?

I did not mention having any issue with the graphics driver, I was just wondering which version of it should I install.

Regards,
Goran

HP Recommended

@Benel,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you would like to know the latest graphics card driver you should install on your PC - after looking at the HP support website, it should be v1803.

Version: 23.20.826.1792 Rev.C

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you.

The numbers confused me, as the 1709 version seem to be newer when it comes to the AMD's release, but it was for an older version of Windows.

Anyway, I'll play safe - cheers.

HP Recommended

@Benel,

I am responding on behalf of @Jeet_singh as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Perfect, if any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Well I don't have a specific problem but I get much less FPS in games with the HP's drivers then with force-installed Adrenaline drivers for Vega from AMD website. Namely, HP offers us 17.7 but AMD released 18.11. I mean really, that's VERY outdated.

But I am aware of the system instability this force-install can cause and I am not taking that risk. At the same time, I am both hoping for and expecting from HP to provide new drivers, especially for 1809 version of Windows, because Raven Ridge is a wonderful APU that we cannot utilize because of awful neglegence from the driver providers.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

@Benel,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Please keep checking the HP website for the updated drivers for your computer. Once the latest drivers are released you can download and install it from HP website.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.