Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G3 & G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My company just bought 5 new Thunderbolt 3 docks station with part number P5Q56AV#ABA. (Made in Mexico instead China)

When the dock is plugged on the laptop. We have an not installed network device in the Windows device manager.

The material ID is

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16A3&SUBSYS_168214E4&REV_01

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16A3&SUBSYS_168214E4

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16A3&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16A3&CC_0200

After a few searches on the internet, it seems to be a Broadcom Network Device (NetXtreme BCM57786 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe).

Then I went to download the Broadcom Ethernet Controller Drivers (64 bit) (For external docks) on the HP website. (sp84642.exe)

Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all. The device ID seems to not be listed in the driver package.

Take note that the previous Thunderbolt 3 docks station, bought a few months ago, still work just perfectly.

Where can I find this driver and make the my new docks work as expected?

Best regards,2018-11-21 11_09_19-EBC-170725 - Connexion Bureau à distance.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, I returned these 3 problematic docks to the vendor and he sent me back new ones! The new docks work has expected.

I don't know what this issue was!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just tried all the Softpack that you have posted.

Unfortunately, the Network Controller in the device manager still appears as not installed.

I'm searching on Google for the driver related to this device ID PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16A3 and I don't find anything.

So weird!

HP Recommended

@JimLemieux

Have you tried running HP Support Assistant???

HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77062.exe

HP ZBook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82049.exe

REO

HP Recommended

Hello sir,
I have installed HP Support Assistant with no luck.
6 drivers have been updated,but not the driver expected.
I finally found my driver corresponding of the device ID in the "BootCamp5.1.5621.zip" file.
The right driver seems to be the "BroadcomComController64.exe"
After the execution of the install file, the device now appears as installed.
But unfortunately, there is no new network card for the dock station and the Ethernet connection still unavailable.

It still doesn't work
I don't know what to do?!

2018-11-22 13_45_49-ebc-000002 - Connexion Bureau à distance.png

HP Recommended

Ok, I returned these 3 problematic docks to the vendor and he sent me back new ones! The new docks work has expected.

I don't know what this issue was!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.