Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I am currently facing an issue with the time syncing so I had to manually change the time but I am wondering why that issue occurred. I have taken a few steps to update the internet time yet somehow the issue persists and the error keeps on happening. 

1. I have gone into the control panel to update the internet time but the error persists. 
  2. I have updated the time through "time and date adjust setting" but fails to update.
  3. I have changed the windows time from the services app and then retaken the previous steps but the error this time happens to be a lack of time for the synchronization to occur
  4. Overall, after multiple trials it seems like the issue has not been fixed and it makes me wonder what truly the issue is. However, I will point out that this issue is very recent like a few days ago when I noticed that the time simply got stuck and I had to manually set it to the correct time.

Here are some of the screenshots of the issue. Does anyone know of a possible solution for this as I have tried most of the available online options (tutorials) but that don't seem to help at all.

time synchronization failedtime synchronization failedInternet Time Syncing.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DarkS111, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Check if Windows Time service is running

Time synchronization feature relies heavily on Windows Time service, and if Windows Time service isn’t running, you might encounter this error. To fix this problem, you need to change Windows Time service settings by following these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
    services-1
  2. When the Services window opens, locate Windows Time service and double click it to open its properties.
    services-2
  3. Set Startup type to Automatic and click the Start button to start Windows Time service.
  4. After doing that, click Apply and OK to save changes.
    services-3\

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DarkS111, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Check if Windows Time service is running

Time synchronization feature relies heavily on Windows Time service, and if Windows Time service isn’t running, you might encounter this error. To fix this problem, you need to change Windows Time service settings by following these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
    services-1
  2. When the Services window opens, locate Windows Time service and double click it to open its properties.
    services-2
  3. Set Startup type to Automatic and click the Start button to start Windows Time service.
  4. After doing that, click Apply and OK to save changes.
    services-3\

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.