Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Laptop 15z-eh000 , Hp 15t-dy200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Below are the two laptops I just purchased. 

I havent bought a new laptop in many years and am looking for your suggestions and guidance, any is appreciated! So one laptop is an intel i7 and the other an amd ryzen 7, both ssds and both with wifi 6. Basically my question is what should I do to care for these laptops and also what can I do to care for the ssd as well. I want to make these guys last as long as possible, both will be used for school purposes mostly. Should I do a windows fresh start as soon as I get it to remove the bloatware? Or is that extra wear on the ssd I can skip, and instead manually remove the bloatware. I do know of trim for the ssd but thats it. I would love to have any and all maintenance and care tips and even setup tips, thank you all very much!

http://store.hp.com/us/en/PDPStdView?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&urlLangId=-1&productId=...

http://store.hp.com/us/en/PDPStdView?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&urlLangId=-1&productId=...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Ncatona-00, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:  Improving PC Performance (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Is there software programs I can download for the ssd? And one of the laptops has the intel optane memory so I got in touch with intel and they offer a software for that as well. 

HP Recommended

Does anyone here have any info or recommendations for me?? I know windows update is one, and then driver updates, and also the trim command, and the intel optance program but thats it. Is there anything else needed to care for the software/hardware for these two laptops?? 

HP Recommended

Hi@Ncatona-00, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:  Improving PC Performance (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Its a pretty helpful link you sent there, is there another one for maintaining ssds? 

HP Recommended

@Ncatona-00, Yes that will be complaint Improving PC Performance (Windows 10)solution for I hope that answers your query. If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow and if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos. 

Have a great day ahead. 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

HP Recommended

Is there any other links/tips for these new laptops with the SSD? Also is the best way to update drivers theough the control panel where I could check each one independently? 

HP Recommended

When I start the laptop from out of the box should I not connect to the internet to allow windows to force an update on me but rather bypass it and download hp support assistant and allow for the assistant to perform the first few updates instead? Since I will reduce the risk for generic drivers to be installed from the windows update?

HP Recommended

Hi@Ncatona-00, Please connect to the internet while setting up your new computer one done. Which will automatically update  for You.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.