Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-dq1033cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Version 1909 and I cannot install the Synaptics TouchPad Driver listed on the drivers page of my laptop here. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-14-dq1000-laptop-pc-series/29205783/model/310465...

The error message says "The driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.18363).

Is there a workaround to this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there, I was in the same boat and afraid I'd have to track down an old 1903 ISO and reinstall just to fix this silly issue. Luckily, there's an easy workaround! It's in the end of the sticky on this post:[edit]

"For those encountering issues with the touchpad driver and 1909 on a fresh install its a SUPER easy fix:

download the latest touchpad driver from here:

[edit]

Then attempt to install the driver (it will eventually fail saying something about it not being compatible with the OS.

Close the prompt and then go into C:\swsetup\SP99388

Then right click edit the Install.cmd (may only show up as Install) file located in that directory

Once you have that file open change This:

https://imgur.com/a/Jhj4Bvv

to this:

https://imgur.com/a/CH3r894

All you do is edit the "19H1" to say "19H2" and the two locations where it says "10.0.18362" to "10.0.18363"

Save your changes and launch HPSetup.exe, once thats done reboot and bam no more errors in the device manager."

It worked a treat for me. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@Boosterman 

Unless someone else here can point you to a driver that will work -- NO.

Win10 v1909 is little more than a cumulative update -- and you could have done such an upgrade in only a few minutes by downloading and running a simple windows update.  It's not a major upgrade like the previous Version Upgrades.

You need to go back to v1903 and do the Windows Update route to get 1909.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi there, I was in the same boat and afraid I'd have to track down an old 1903 ISO and reinstall just to fix this silly issue. Luckily, there's an easy workaround! It's in the end of the sticky on this post:[edit]

"For those encountering issues with the touchpad driver and 1909 on a fresh install its a SUPER easy fix:

download the latest touchpad driver from here:

[edit]

Then attempt to install the driver (it will eventually fail saying something about it not being compatible with the OS.

Close the prompt and then go into C:\swsetup\SP99388

Then right click edit the Install.cmd (may only show up as Install) file located in that directory

Once you have that file open change This:

https://imgur.com/a/Jhj4Bvv

to this:

https://imgur.com/a/CH3r894

All you do is edit the "19H1" to say "19H2" and the two locations where it says "10.0.18362" to "10.0.18363"

Save your changes and launch HPSetup.exe, once thats done reboot and bam no more errors in the device manager."

It worked a treat for me. Hope this helps! 

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
HP Recommended

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

Can not find the link to download driver for synaptic touch pad for hp notebook with windows 10 v 1909.  Please share the link if possible.

HP Recommended

You should re-read the post.

HP Recommended

Changing the install.cmd file as suggested did not work for me.  HP Envy 17t (17-ce100 / 6UX02AV)

HP Recommended

Got it. but changing install did not work as well.

Windows itself installs Synaptic SMBus Touchpad driver. Even if i delete and i try installing driver avilabe at hp for my laptop and window v 1909, Windows installs their default driver. I tried installing application available on windows store for synaptic touchpad, that fails to install. 

My only requriement is to enable scroll edge on my touchpad so that i dont have to use arrows or on screen scroller. If there is any way i can enable that setting on windows default driver, i'll be happy with that too. Can you guide and help.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have hp notebook 15-da1023nia laptop and running registered windows 10 v 1909.

HP Recommended

Editing the install file worked for me. It only works with the sp99388 and no other versions of the driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.