Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Team,

Could you please help me to find the right ELAN touchpad version for my laptop (/ Product number: 1KU71UA#ABA).  The previous version (ELAN 18..2.30.3_X64_WHQL) doesn't work anymore and I have uninstalled it after trying many unsuccessful options to solve the issue. 

I tried to use the hp support assistant website to download the suited driver with no luck. It took over 8 hours just SPINNING to find the driver and it didn't succeed.  Also, I tried to download different versions but it didn't suit my computer. 

Please please please help me to fix this issue. I need the touchpad or the trackpad to work again. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this slightly newer driver works for you...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96637.exe 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your swift response, Paul.

There are a couple of windows are popped up. the first one says (the device is not connected) then another window says (the driver version doesn't suit this touch-pad. Please check the device in the system and install the suitable driver). The third message says ( the driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.18363).

Do you have any other suggestion/s?

Respectfully,

Walaa

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas you can try.

...Other than backing up your files and making a bootable USB recovery drive with the cloud recovery tool to factory reset your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility if you can't find any other solution.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media.

HP Recommended

Very much appreciate your kind assistance.

Precious regards,

Walaa

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.