Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14-cd1033nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I'm currently having a problem where multi-finger gestures are not working. I shut down my laptop one night like I normally do, and the next morning it was not working. Naturally, I tried to figure out the problem and people recommended I do multiple things.

First, I tried changing the pointer. Had no idea how that would help and it didn't XD

Second, I updated the driver. I did everything. I completely uninstalled the device and driver and let windows automatically install a driver. I installed the driver off of HP's website specific to my device. I let Windows update it. I also let the HP support app install a new version of my driver. None of these worked.

Third, I navigated tho the Touchpad settings in the control panel. I tried to follow the steps I was given but Windows is constantly updating the look of the control panel screen so I couldn't find the multi-finger gesture tab.

Fourth, I navigated to windows settings, but it did not have the multi-finger gesture tab either. It just took me to a page telling me about all the gestures.

I'm pretty good at troubleshooting, but this one has me stumped. Is anyone able to help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BenVoll

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point I suggest you perform a Reset. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BenVoll

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point I suggest you perform a Reset. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hmmm. I appreciate the quick response and help, but that's quite unfortunate because I have a paid subscription to a virus protection program that will not be refunded through a reset. Do you know if there is a way to save certain files through a reset?

Thank you for your help!

Ben

HP Recommended

@BenVoll

It is very strange to have a paid Subscription and not be able to reinstall and re-activate the Anti-Virus. i suggest you confirm the same with the Antivirus company

Reset will not wipe off your personal files and will only reinstall the Windows Files but Apps will be deleted

• Keep my files: When you select this option, the computer:

• Keeps your personal files intact when reinstalling Windows 10.

• Deletes all apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes all changes to settings.

• Deletes all HP apps that came preinstalled on your computer. HP apps are reinstalled if your PC came with Windows 10.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.