Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my HP Spectre x360 when I use the two fingers scroll on the touch pad it will zoom in on the screen periodically. Also when scrolling in an Excel document it will drag the cells. Very annoying, I am trying to be careful not to make the zoom gesture but no matter it stills happens time to time. Anything I can do? Adjust the sensitivity? Anything else?

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi @bmeidlinger

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To adjust the zoom settings and sensitivity, try these steps -

1) Click on the Start or the Windows icon and open Settings

2) Click on Device.

3) Click on Touchpad from left side of the screen. 

4) Look for Touchpad Sensitivity and Zoom.  

5) Try un-checking the Pinch to Zoom option.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response and info.  I followed your directions, but there wasn't an option under "Touchpad Sensitivity" that would allow me to uncheck the "Pinch to Zoom."  I didn't even see the option to select "Zoom".  The good news is it seems to have corrected.  I had the problem frequently and was debating on returning the computer, but haven't had the problem in a couple days.  Hopefully it is all in good order now.  Thanks again. 

-Brian

HP Recommended

@bmeidlinger

You are welcome.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on my HP Envy.  Its started doing this in the last few weeks and its a persistent issue.  As the original reporter said in this post, the settings referred to above are not available.  I'd happily turn off the pinch to zoom function because the scroll with touchpad has become almost unusable due to the random zooming.  Can someone help?

HP Recommended

@RBJLP Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, please check if you've got either the synaptics or Elan touchpad by going into the device manager (Windows + X and select it) and look under "mice and other pointing devices".

Once I know what we are dealing with, I could get your accurate steps to help you resolve this issue once and for all.

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - thanks for getting back to me.  The laptop model / product ID details are:  HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0501na / 4AZ74EA#ABU.  

Its the Synaptics SMBus Clickpad.

HP Recommended

@RBJLP I suggest you use the below steps to disable vertical scrolling to turn off the zoom: (updated)

1.Press Windows Key + X then select Control Panel.

control panel

2.Now click Hardware and Sound then click on Mouse option under Device and Printers.

click Mouse under devices and printers

3.Switch to the last tab Device Settings.

4.Highlight and select your Synaptics Touchpad and click Settings.

Highlight and select your Synaptics Touchpad and click Settings

5.Now from the left-hand side menu click Pinch Zoom and uncheck the box Enable Pinch Zoom on the right window pane.

Click Pinch Zoom and uncheck the box Enable Pinch Zoom 

6.Click Apply followed by OK to save changes.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but as I said in the last post, I have the Synaptics not the Elan version.  The settings shown above are not visible on my system, and there are no options to change the finger gesture controls.  Can you advise next steps please?

HP Recommended

@RBJLP I have updated the steps as per your requirements, please check and if the option is missing for you, please update the BIOS and Chipset drivers by clicking here,

Retry the same steps and let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.