Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 11-u100 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touch screen on HP Pavilion 11 x360 PC do not work.

I went to hardware diagnostic and checked it and there it worked but not when i am using the computer otherwise.

On the device manager human interface i have 3 drivers

GPIO driver for indicator for laptop or tablet,

HID compatible wireless radiocontroller and HPwireless button driver.

What driver do i need?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bokstav,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have tried to check in the Bios and it seems to be working, this seems to be an issue related to software. In this scenario, I would suggest here is to contact our HP Phone support to order a set of recovery media for your PC. 

Once you have the recovery media, please use it to reinstall the Operating system. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @bokstav,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! As I understand you are having issues with the touchscreen not working on your HP Pavilion notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the Notebook?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let’s start with performing a hard reset to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue: 

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery, use the following steps: 

1. Turn off the computer. 

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station. 

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers. 

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer. 

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment. 

6. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory. 

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices. 

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer. 

9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key. 

10. After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. 

Second, enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager: 

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. 

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading. 

3. The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device. 

4. If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable. 

If the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step: 

1. Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager 

2. Install Windows updates 

3. Update the BIOS and graphics driver 

4. Configure the touch display 

5. Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 

6. Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen 

7. Reset your computer 

8. Perform a Microsoft System Restore 

9. Perform an HP System Recovery 

Click here to know: How to perform each step. 

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The product number is K1S39EA#UUW

There is no touch screen device in the device manager. So there is a driver missing and i do not know where to get it. On the human interface devices there is 3 drivers

1, GPIO driver for indicator for laptop or tablet2

HID compatible wireless radiocontroller

3, HPwireless button driver.

This happend the last days of october after a windows update that was label critical so i did not want to restore at first and then i have had other computer problems to work with and i hoped that the support assistant would fix it like it found another missing driver. Rotation also stopped working then. 

I have run hp support assistent  and Windows update. i Have manually search for updates on every device in the device manager.

I went to support page yesterday and downloaded a chipset sp 69824 but it did not change anything so today i downloaded sp 71811 but no change. Both times it said it was already on my computer and i said yes to owerwrite it all. I made a restore point before i downloaded sp 69824 yesterday but was unable to go back because it was not accepted, it said that it might be virus program that prevented a restore and i have windows firewall and wirusprogram and if i close it before it will autostart when i restart the computer.  

It has a build in battery so i have made a hard reset by holding down power button and after that holding it in for more than one minut and again while holding in the only other button volume that exist. That after i have empty the battery by running the computer until it shut down. 
I have not updated BIOS i do not know how to.

I will learn if i can not fix it otherewise. I have not performed a Microsoft system restore or HP system recovery at that time. 

HP Recommended

Hi @bokstav,

I reviewed the post. Welcome back and your time and patience are greatly appreciated. As @Jeet_singh is out for the day, I am taking over from here. You've displayed commendable patience, great enthusiasm and immense technical skills to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

Let's isolate the issue further to being software or Hardware related.

• Please run the touchscreen diagnostics if it is available from this link: http://hp.care/2uoegKc and this test should be found under the "component tests" option.
  •  
  • If it passes, then continue with further troubleshooting such as performing a system recovery and updating the bios also. If it fails, please make a note of the failure code and contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced or the touchscreen replaced.
  •  
  • If diagnostics are not available please check in the bios if the touchscreen works. If it does not then it is a hardware failure and contact Hp phone support in this regard.to replace it.
  • If it passes, update bios and perform recovery to fix it.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I made a component test and the touchscreen worked 
But it still dont work otherwise
I made a system recovery 
i made a BIOS update. And still the touch screen or rotation do not work. On standar information about the computer it says that pen or touch is not available for this screen. 
in the device manager there are still only 3 drivers in Human interface devices.

Is it not possible that i need additional drivers for touchscrreen? And in that case where can i find it? 
What happend was that it was updates from Windows the last days of october and after that in did not work i waited to see if it would come back or if updates would find it. But it did not and i waited to long to be able to go back to the time when it worked, it was no longer an option. 
My computer is not any longer under warranty it was purchased in june 2015. /Carina

PN K1S39EA#UUW 

HP Recommended

Hi @bokstav,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have tried to update the Bios as well as follow other steps which did not help you resolve this issue. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help. However, I would like to know If you have tried to boot the computer into the Bios and check if the touchscreen works or not.

If the touchscreen does not work in the Bios, then it's clearly a hardware failure. If the test passes, then it could be a software related issue.

Could you please respond to this post with the details for further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have been into BIOS and checked if the touch screen works 3 times. It works everytime so it is not a hardware failure. 

In august last year i made a windows image backup and i placed it on an new volume and i today i went into the UEFI (?) to see if i could use that but it did not find that volume only my other 2 C and D. I do not know if i could use that. I need to learn more  about it. But the image was made before this problem.

I do think i need  additional drivers    /Carina

HP Recommended

Hi @bokstav,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have tried to check in the Bios and it seems to be working, this seems to be an issue related to software. In this scenario, I would suggest here is to contact our HP Phone support to order a set of recovery media for your PC. 

Once you have the recovery media, please use it to reinstall the Operating system. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Touchscreen just stopped working.  I tried all the steps provided by the virtual agent.  27-n110 is a touchscreen but all drivers are gone.  When I go to the touch input it states the computer does not support touch input.  The driver is not in the device manager and when attempting to do a component test it does not show up as a option to be tested.  Please help in anyway you can because the purchase of the computer was mostly because it had the touchscreen feature.  Thanks in advance. 

HP Recommended

I bought a recovery USB from HP. I couldn't fix it in any other way when i had that problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.