Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15Z

I'm having a very hard time using my iPhone and PC together. I use my iPhone primarily for filming videos that I then need to convert to mp4 form for submission to my employer. Currently, I am filming, editing, then uploading to YouTube which takes a VERY long time. From there I download them to my computer so that I can submit them. It's a tedious process and I feel like I just need someone to tell me what steps I need to take to make this smoother and less time consuming. Any advice? I am trying to connect my phone to the computer but it is not working, and even if I can connect, I will still need to somehow convert files from .mov to mp4 which has taken a LONG time using VSDC Video Editor. Is there a better converter I could be using?  Any and all advice is much appreciated!!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JenCC 

Apple (iOS) and Windows are two different worlds.  Please try

https://mediacommons.psu.edu/2017/03/19/converting-iphone-hevc-video-to-mp4-format/

Hope this helps

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@JenCC 

I ran into similar issues with difficulties connect my Android phone to any Windows 10 PCs -- a problem I did not encounter in Windows 7.  This is primarily a driver issue -- or more properly, a lack of drivers, issue.

I had to get a Mobile Devices driver from Samsung before my phone would connect reliably.  You will need to contact Apple Support to see about a similar driver for Windows 10 as HP does not supply drivers for Apple devices.

UPDATE;  Recently ran across reference to XiliSoft and ImToo products that support file transfer to/from iPhones to Windows 10 PCs.  Those kinds of products usually have databases of phone drivers and install the driver needed to do the transfers.  You should look into these to support doing what you want to do.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

you can simply use youtube to mp3 converter ! thanks me later 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, I'll have to look into those new ones you mention in the update. I was on chat support with Apple for the bulk of a morning over the weekend and they weren't able to provide a driver solution other than walking me through how to make sure my windows 10 drivers were updated. Also tried disabling my firewall thinking that might remedy the problem (it didn't). They recommended updating my iTunes which took a veeerrryy long time (I never use it because I always have so many issues) but then got stuck during the phone syncing process because I ran out of space on my computer to add everything (presumably all of the photos and video saved on my phone). Feeling pretty frustrated after spending SO much time to no avail. Thinking I need to just  hire someone to take a look but this has really revealed how annoying it can be to work with both apple and PC products. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I can download pretty quickly and easily once videos are on YouTube, it's the uploading that's taking forever. Looking for a faster way to get the video from my phone to computer than using YouTube. 

HP Recommended

@JenCC 

You're probably not going to like what I have to say -- but the villain here is Apple Computer, plain and simple.

I've used Android phones for a long time, and as far back as I can remember, the different suppliers (e.g., Motorola, HTC, LG, Samsung) have ALL provided Windows drivers for their phones.  

Apple needs to do the same -- and NOT makes excuses about it!  Let's say you were trying to do something silly like tether an Android phone to a MacBook pro, and it was not working.  Would Apple then volunteer to write drivers for that Android phone? NO They would tell you is the the phone manufacturer's job to do that.  And they would be right.

When folks are stuck working at home, nearly every company that provides them laptops provides Windows laptops, not MacBooks.  Folks stuck in that situation need to be able to reliably tether their iPhones to their PCs, and this responsibility rests with Apple Computer.

As to the download vs. upload speeds,. that is typical because Internet providers nearly always provide very different speeds although that has been changing recently with some providers because they know folks want to share more stuff these days.

About your only hope is that one of the software outfits I mentioned provides a product that will install the drivers you nee for your phone.  If they have support forums, maybe you can go online and ask about that before you buy their product to find out.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.