Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
10-19-2021 03:29 PM
Product: HP Envy 17 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Prod/Mod # K2Z68AV - CPU type Intel Core i7-5500u CPU @ 2.4 Ghz - Mem 16 GB - BIOS F.57
I can see that TPM is in the registry but it doesn't show in the BIOS. I suspect it hasn't been activated. Can someone help me with this? BitLocker is running on my laptop. Should I terminate BitLocker to help with this effort?
1 REPLY 1
10-23-2021 07:22 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that you are unable to activate TPM in bios.
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
For more information on adjusting TPM usage in BitLocker, see the Microsoft website.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community