Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15g-dr0xxx

Hi , I am using a HP Laptop 15g-dr0xxx model laptop with i5-8250U and nvidia MX110 config .
I have been trying since few months to find or enable my turbo boost mode which is now currently locked at 1.6Ghz , even though i have tried all possible methods to use the turbo boost technology of intel in my laptop , i have never been able to find it in my bios . Can anyone plz help me , I feel like the laptop has more potential to it than how i am using it right now.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Athe_M

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

HP Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features including overclocking, turbo boast and increasing the VRAM are locked.

This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance and not to cause any extensive component failure.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help provided but all i want to do is use my laptop to its potential , I know the risks it presents to my components but also shouldn't I take the decision whether to do it or not , rather than being locked out of that privilege . Please can you suggest me an alternative solution .

Also again thanking you sincerely for replying to my stupid queries , Hope you have a nice day !.

HP Recommended

@Athe_M

I understand your concerns but unfortunately there is no update or softpaq that can be downloaded to unlock the BIOS options since this is by Design

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.