Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs0043nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Couldn't find the french speaking community, so here I am :).

First of all, happy new year to you all.

My question now: I bought for my dad an HP laptop (HP Pavilion - 15-cs0043nf).

In the list of accessories that could be bought with it, there was a USB-C to USB-A hub (which can be usefull, as there are only two USB-A ports on the laptop).

The thing is that the hub (S/N 8CJ931V07Z, ref. Z8W90AA#ABB) wasn't ever recognized on the PC (it was recognized on a phone and on a Spectre 360).

Someone from the HP support told my dad that it was a compatibility issue.

Maybe I'm wrong, but telling this would mean that a USB stick could work on one PC but not on another one?

Am I wrong, can it be that it's really a compatibility issue (though I couldn't find on the HP store any compatibility list for the product, that is being sold as a product that works with no driver - normal as it's USB - when simply plugged to any USB-C port of the PC)?

BR

Yan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Yan3 wrote:

... Someone from the HP support told my dad that it was a compatibility issue.

@Yan3 

It should work with your machine or all machines which have USB-C port. I think the port could be faulty because it works on other machines.

Have you tried to use other device(s) on that port. I don't have HP hub but the following one works on all my machines

https://www.startech.com/au/Cards-Adapters/USB-3.0/Hubs/3-port-usb-3-hub~HB30C3A1GE

(note: it works with or w/o Power booster).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

@banhien wrote:

Have you tried to use other device(s) on that port. I don't have HP hub but the following one works on all my machines

Unfortunately, I hadn't any other USBC-C device to test with, like the Startech hub I have at home.

I'll be waiting for my dad to come back home, we'll be testing using the Startech hub, as I know it's working.

He'll be calling then the HP support using the ticket he opened, either it's the port or the hub.

Thanks.

BR

Yan

HP Recommended

Hi,

Back now with some news: it was hard to "convince" HP, but the PC was returned, the motherboard was changed, and the USB C port now appears in the device manager.

A USB C adapter connected to the port is now working.

Nevertheless, very strange, the USB C hub is stll not working on the port...

As it's very hard to reach someone at HP support after an order - someone else than the virtual agent that can't help for complicated questions -, no real idea what to do to return it, as I must get the auth number for the return before returning the faulty product.

BR

Yan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.