Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion HP zBook 14ug6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't find the driver update for the USB C port on my laptop. 

Can anyone help with this?

I need to download video frequently and 15MB/s is just not fast enough .

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Spoiler
I don’t know your laptop model, but if it doesn’t have an SSD, maybe that’s why.
If you want to know whether this is a software related issue or not (because it could very well be the firmware), you should create a Linux Lununtu 18.04 USB install media, boot to it, select your language, press F3 (or FN+F3), select your keyboard layout, and then choose "try Lubuntu without installing".
Then you can test your USB C port once again. Keep in mind that what you do in the Lubuntu trial will not be saved.

If you still have the issue in Lubuntu, then this is not a driver issue with Windows 10. The next thing you should try in this case is updating the BIOS.
HP Recommended

Hello

drivers are port of Windows10.

a question, from where you download the video via USB-C ?

I connected external NVME SSD via USB-C and I got more than 300 MB/s as data tranfer.

bye

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I have found I can get 300MB/s from nvme SSD via the full size USB 3 port into my laptop but when I put a fast SD card in a card reader through USB c port it only goes at 15MB . 

The Sandisk Extreme Pro card is rated  for 170 . 

Is it the card reader ? I guess it must be. 

Annoying thing is my HP ZBook has no built in card reader. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.