Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CS 3001NT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i post my question earlier in the hardware forums. They didn't help me out. Here is what happened:

-My USB ports were working inconsistently. Sometimes they would work immediately, sometimes they would work after 10 mins, sometimes they wouldn't work at all.

-I updated bios, OS and chipset drivers. I believe the problem is sometimes BIOS is not giving power to USB ports at startup. Strange thing is %80 of the time, when USB ports don't work, i shut down the pc. When i shut down the pc usb ports start working for 3 seconds (it charges my phone) then they stop. When i boot up my pc, it doesn't work. BUT when i shut down my pc and in those 3 secs (when ports charging my phone) if i boot my pc up, PORTS WORK! Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, the problem was a manufacturing problem. I contacted HP and they gave me a service report. With that, I was able to replace it with a new one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@kdeviren
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try uninstalling USB Root Hubs and check. Uninstalling USB Root Hubs forces the system to reinstall the root hubs next time the computer is started.

Use the following steps to uninstall USB Root Hubs:

1. Disconnect all USB devices connected to the computer except a USB mouse and keyboard (if in use). This includes hubs, thumb drives, printers, and cameras.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

The Device Manager window opens.

3. Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list.

Figure: Universal Serial Bus controllers list in the Device Manager window

Universal Serial Bus controllers list in Device Manager window
  4. Right-click the first USB Root Hub in the list, then select Uninstall.

Figure: Uninstall selection in the Device Manager window

Uninstall selection in the Device Manager window

Click OK to confirm.

5. Continue uninstalling all USB Root Hubs listed.

6. Close Device Manager and restart the computer.

7. If the USB device that is having problems came with software and it was not previously installed, install the software now, following the manufacturer instructions.

8. Reconnect the USB device that was having problems and test it to see if it works.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It doesn't work. My problem is not a generic problem, you can count me as a power user. I tried every generic solution. I think your BIOS is trash. Please fix it. Thanks for your answer.

HP Recommended

@kdeviren

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options to diagnose the computer physically also system BIOS will be flashed. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, the problem was a manufacturing problem. I contacted HP and they gave me a service report. With that, I was able to replace it with a new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.