Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone, I have a HP 15 Notebook PC with Intel pentium processor and 4GB ram. I’ve been facing serious issues with my USB ports, The problem started with the main USB port, all my usb devices(external mouse, keyboard, printer, usb drives etc.) stop getting recognize, the other two port was still functioning perfectly and one thing remained consistent with the three ports, they all charge my phone wherever I plugged it in. I researched the problem but all the solutions failed, I’ve tried disabling the usb selective settings, updating the drivers through Windows update, uninstalling usb root hub and restarting but nothing, at the time the unknown device was visible in device manager and I also tried uninstalling it too. Later the remaining two ports started doing the same thing, but this time around there’s no unknown device in device manager and there’s no sound when I plug my usb devices, when I plug the external mouse, the mouse light comes on for a sec And then goes off. My phone charges but nothing register. The hdmi port works fine, same with the memory card slot. I reset my pc last night using the cloud download hoping it will get things on course but nothing change.

p.s my window 10 crashed before and I reinstalled windows using the usb method to factory settings , everything was working fine after the reinstallation but the problem started after I updated my pc to version 1903, so I thought updating would help but It didn’t, I’m currently on the 2004 version still the problem persists. There’s no way I can’t get anything out and I’m really freaking out, please help me out, any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Henrique4 

Generally speaking, Windows 10 will NOT see a phone plugged into a USB port until you install the drivers needed for that phone.

I have had several modem Samsung android phones, and I always have to install the Samsung Moblile devices driver before my PC can see and access the phone.

HP does not provide these drivers; you have to get them from the phone manufracturer.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.