Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought Hp omen dc0030nr one day ago and after using it for a few hours the HP Omen command center stop loading. I have done all the updates through

1. Microsoft Windows updates
  2. Hp Support Assistant
  3. Nvidia GeForce Experience updates

Every time I turn on my laptop the warning messages pops up which states unable to launch omen command center check Microsoft store and I have the option of copy to clipboard and close.

I have also installed and uninstalled it several times but the issue remains. I have even downloaded its SDK file form HP drivers website which showed specifically my laptop drivers but still, issues remain. Now I am kind of frustrated that I have bought a new laptop worth $1500 and this is happening. One thing I know is that it is something to do with the update because after the first batch of windows update its stopped working. 

IMG_7656.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A solution by @ATHARVA_GP  worked for me. Updating the bios was the main problem However HP showed me that I have the BIOS version of date 2/21/2019 But when I looked into my laptop drivers on hp website the new update was on 4th March 2019 so after updating the Bios and Reinstalled the command center and it installed well and works fine. Thanks once again.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ahamadsohail
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

• Have you tried updating the HP system event utility?

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's run the BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Next: Turn on automatic app updates

1. Select the Start screen, then select the Microsoft Store.
  2. In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings.
  3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On. (restart the computer and check)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt response I have installed Hp event utility before it was not installed.

after that, I have done all the steps you mentioned but it didn't work still the problem remains.

IMG_7656.JPG

HP Recommended

@ahamadsohail

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just wanted to add to the support staffs advice...

I see your model came with dual drives. An SSD and an HDD.

Did you by chance put the Windows Store Apps over to the D drive (the HDD)?

Check to see if it is, you need to fix Windows Store and reset it back to the C drive.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-apps-separate-drive-windows-10

If that is not the case, I would try uninstalling the Omen Command Center and reinstall it again.

Then force Windows to search for updates again. Click on the Check for updates button, even if it says its up to date.

Sometimes this helps fixes the issue. 

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

If that does not work, I would suggest you do as Echo pointed out and contact HP Support for help.

HP Recommended

Capture.PNGMy apps are on C drive. Every other app is opening except for this one. I think this is a very common issue and it has something to do with HP or Microsoft because I bought a brand new laptop after 3 hours of updates omen stop loading. I have installed and uninstalled it almost 20 times. Tried every possible way but couldn't get it working. 

HP Recommended

Then in such case, a windows update may be the culprit. Your specific issue isnt very common and I would have no way of knowing whats happening.

I would continue to contact HP Support so they can at least get it on record.

I dont know what they will do. IF they cannot find the issue through an online connect to your laptop, they might tell you to reinstall Windows.

Do let us know what you find out, if you would be so kind. Thank you.

I am not an HP employee, I just volunteer.

HP Recommended

Yes, my doubts are also on windows because as soon as I got it I used the command center to check out this cool rbg keyboard feature. If I solve the issue I would surely let you know. Kindly let me know when and how HP can solve the issue with online connect?  Is there any way I can approach them?

HP Recommended

Just explain it the way you did here. After Windows updates, it will no longer run. Updating and reinstalling did notheing.

HP Recommended

A solution by @ATHARVA_GP  worked for me. Updating the bios was the main problem However HP showed me that I have the BIOS version of date 2/21/2019 But when I looked into my laptop drivers on hp website the new update was on 4th March 2019 so after updating the Bios and Reinstalled the command center and it installed well and works fine. Thanks once again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.