Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY x360
Model: 15-bp106na

Edited***

I stupidly updated my BIOS from the HP Support Assistant which upgraded my BIOS wiping out the "Advanced" menu settings and resetting the BIOS back to factory defaults of the InsydeH20 Rev 5.0 BIOS.

This has re-enabled the "Action Keys" and stopped my Function keys F1-F12 working as it keeps dimming my screen or altering my volume - I DO NOT WANT THIS!

It has also disabled the Virtualization functions of my CPU and has stopped my laptop running my Virtual machines correctly.

Please can somebody help from HP - either fix the bios or let us know how to enter the advanced menus!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ChrisKaye
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's quickly perform Microsoft System Restore: System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected. 

1. Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

2. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

3. If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

4. On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

5. On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.

6. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.

7. On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.

8. Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

The System Restore window opens.

9. Click Next.

10. Click the Restore Point that you want to use, and then click Next.

The Confirm Restore Point window opens.

11. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

12. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

13. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.
    Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545#AbT5 to know more about 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

EDIT: Sent PM instead

HP Recommended

@ChrisKaye
Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try BIOS recovery:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

If you are unable to recover the last working BIOS version, install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website using a USB flash drive.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 to know more about HP BIOS recovery. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.