Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-f387wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I  have had 2 system failures while trying to upgrade from windows 10, v1903 to vv2004, what are some possible solutions to fix this ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GlendaN 

When Windows Updates fail, you have to go into it in settings, look at the update history, find the failed updates, write down the error codes, and then do online searches for those codes.  There is no general solution for Windows Update failures.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Unable upgrade to from ver 1903 to 2004, of 20H0. Upgrades have tried to install each day and it will not, even after a re-start.

I don't need to to continue to try the same install steps, need to posibbly escalate this to the MS Tech Team to perform this.

HP Recommended

@GlendaN 

If you don't do as I suggested, look up the error codes, it is unlikely that any MS tech will be able to do this for you -- as they would want to know the same information.  Trying the same process, over and over again, without researching the error code is simply wasting time.  Since we have no MS Techs here, and we have no access to your PC, we can not do this for you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.