Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Paviliong 16-a0029ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp can you enable undervolting for hp pavilion gaming 16 laptops with i7-10750h? The same thing that you did with Omen laptops. My temps: 85 - 95, I changed thermal grease, I have cleaned vents. You need to unlock like you did it for omens laptops.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Artemio00 

Omen laptops are designed for over and under clocking -- so software options are present to handle that. 

Pavilion laptops are not designed for that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

What do you mean pavilion laptops are not designed for that? same cpu and gpu ? the one difference is the app that have omen laptops. But I had the same app pre-installed. So its possible to Undervolt it, and is was possible using XTU, but now its locked. so why is not possible to undervolt pavilions laptops? 

HP Recommended

@Artemio00 

HP does not provide the Omen processor tools for the Pavilion laptops -- that's what I mean by not designed. If HP intended you to do that, they would have produced a Pavilion version of the tools and preloaded them onto your laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.