cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Artemio00
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Undervolting for pavilion laptops

HP Recommended
Paviliong 16-a0029ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp can you enable undervolting for hp pavilion gaming 16 laptops with i7-10750h? The same thing that you did with Omen laptops. My temps: 85 - 95, I changed thermal grease, I have cleaned vents. You need to unlock like you did it for omens laptops.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,607 27,043 3,123 6,757
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Artemio00 

Omen laptops are designed for over and under clocking -- so software options are present to handle that. 

Pavilion laptops are not designed for that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Artemio00
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What do you mean pavilion laptops are not designed for that? same cpu and gpu ? the one difference is the app that have omen laptops. But I had the same app pre-installed. So its possible to Undervolt it, and is was possible using XTU, but now its locked. so why is not possible to undervolt pavilions laptops? 

WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,607 27,043 3,123 6,757
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Artemio00 

HP does not provide the Omen processor tools for the Pavilion laptops -- that's what I mean by not designed. If HP intended you to do that, they would have produced a Pavilion version of the tools and preloaded them onto your laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation