Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ58-215SW
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello .
Looking for BIOS updates for Compaq laptop CQ58-215SW, BIOS is currently in version F 13. In this version doesn't have the possibility to enable / disable the AHCI Mode - which is problematic when installing WIN XP , attaching the SATA driver to system image doesn't help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

Please download the latest BIOS from this LINK. This is the latest version Version F.29. 

NOTE:

This package provides an update to the system BIOS. The update installs on supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System. A reboot is required to complete the installation.

Fix and enhancements:

Provides improved security for UEFI EDK2.

Wish you luck !!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
VSL85
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an ultrabook with the same bios version.

BIOS Version: F.13

BIOS Vendor: Insyde

Product name: HP ENVY Sleekbook 4 PC

Can I also install this BIOS update? I cannot run bootable USB Drive with Linux (Windows 10 just starting) and I even cannot run boot menu pressing F9 during startup. I hope bios update resolve all my issues.

HP Recommended

I downloaded "Driver Assist" and the put dozens of corrupt files on my computer so I would have to purchase another product from them to remove the files. I went to geek squad and they gave me a detailed list of where the corrupted files came from. This is not a safe site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.