Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy laptop 17 AE-104nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"This driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.17763)" with upgrade : sp96237-sp96236-sp96239-sp96232-sp96229-sp96228-sp96231-sp96243-sp96242-sp96241. Update successful with: sp96171-sp95992-sp95712. My version OS is Windows 10 Home 18.09 build 17763.557. Best regards, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Zwhile I appreciate the effort you are putting into translating it via google, that said, yes I would suggest you wait until your device is updated to the 1903 version of windows, as I mentioned not all updates are specific to your computer but to the entire series.

You don't have to install all the updates.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Zwhile Welcome to HP Forums Community! Are you installing the updates using the HP Support Assistant or is it from the HP website?

If its the HP support assistant, I suggest you uninstall the HP Support assistant using the below steps and if the issue doesn't occur, simply reinstall it from this link to resolve the issue,

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure: Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure: Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

Reinstall it using this link: Click here

And check if it works.

Note: Not all updates are for your specific device, its generated for the entire series and may not apply to your computer, so its okay if some of them aren't getting installed as it isn't meant for your device.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle, thanks for the reply, I don't use HPSA (too intrusive), but the previous updates have all been successful, the problem is only with the most recent ones (May-June 2019). Moreover the problem is software (not supported O.S. version 10.0.17763) and not hardware. Do I have to wait for the update to Windows 10 19.03?
Best regards
P.S. sorry for my english but I use Google Translator

HP Recommended

@Zwhile I appreciate the effort you are putting into translating it via google, that said, yes I would suggest you wait until your device is updated to the 1903 version of windows, as I mentioned not all updates are specific to your computer but to the entire series.

You don't have to install all the updates.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle, I have read your answer and will follow your advice. If anything we talk later. Have a great day

HP Recommended

@Zwhile that works for me, you can always tag me or just write back to us anytime and I'll be happy to help.

Take care, until next time.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.