Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ce0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to do an update for HP Notebook Systems BIOS Update (Intel Processors) but each time I try it is unsucessful as it is not compatible with my device, unsure what to do to make it work. 

Help would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Catherine21 

@Catherine21 wrote:

The Sp number is 93370 and I visited a computer shop to ask if they could do anything to stop the buzzing and I was told it was probably because I had outstanding updates. 

Ah.  OK.  Thank you for that information.

If you would like to do so, download-save-install the "other" update.

Make sure the computer is connected to AC power the entire time the update is in progress.

Important Note

ONLY update the BIOS after you have backed up your most critical files to a location where you can access the data in the event that the computer becomes unavailable.  For example, back up the files to a USB memory stick, to the cloud, email them to yourself -- "somewhere" you can get to the files if the computer stops working.

Why?   All BIOS updates include an element of risk.  This is true regardless of how / when / why the update is installed.  BIOS updates usually work as expected when installed manually (NOT using HPSA).  Nonetheless, because of the type of Update, it is best to be prepared.

We are looking into why there are two BIOS updates listed for your computer with the exact same version (F.07A).  It may take some time to get back an answer (our community is not a direct conduit to HP).

I cannot guess whether the "buzz" can be fixed with an update.  Whether it can do so entirely depends on what is causing the computer to behave in this manner.   The cause could be hardware, for example, in which case there is no software fix that will fix the problem.

"Other" update listed for your computer in the Software and Driver Website page for BIOS:

#2 HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

Type:   BIOS

Version:   F.07 Rev.A

Operating Systems:  Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:  Dec 27, 2018

File name:   sp93346.exe (11.3 MB)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If your computer is still under warranty, consider contacting HP Technical Support.

Open a case, explain that the computer is "buzzing", and ask for help.

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information here).
  • In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • Chat is not available in every region.

In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• USA / Canada:  Regional contact information is displayed after you submit an online case.  Use the serial number of the device to submit the case to HP.

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

1. Submit information / case online: HP Customer Support
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

Drivers / Software and BIOS, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP Pavilion 14-ce0000 Laptop PC

How-to document

HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Catherine21 

Please stop trying to force the BIOS update onto your computer.

Please help us understand what you are doing...

Does the computer still work?

Where did you get the idea / suggestion to update the BIOS?

For example, did the HP Support Assistant recommend the update??

How are you trying to update the BIOS?

That means, which "SP" file are you trying to install?

Are you updating manually (download-save-install BIOS)

OR

Are you using HP Support Assistant?

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

My computer still works, however it makes a loud buzzing sound. I was told i could resolve this issue if I completed all of the updates. 

Yes, the update is coming from the HP Support Assistant. 

HP Recommended

@Catherine21 

The HPSA may not be giving you good advice.  BIOS updates are not its strong point.

I recommend you do not depend on the HPSA to install BIOS updates.

The following questions are important and are NOT intended to say you are doing anything wrong.

Something odd is happening and we want to figure out what is going on before proceeding.

1.  What is the "Sp" number of the package that the HPSA is recommending?

How to find the information:

Click on the update name in the HPSA to see the details about the package.

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Section Update the Computer > Step #4

There are two different BIOS updates listed at your computer's Software and Driver Website Support.

#1  HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

Type:  BIOS

Version:  F.07 Rev.A

Operating Systems:Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date: Dec 27, 2018

File name:  sp93370.exe (14.2 MB)

Neither of these Updates mention any repair / fix for "buzz".

2.  Where did you get (or see) the information that a BIOS update would fix the buzzing sound?

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The Sp number is 93370 and I visited a computer shop to ask if they could do anything to stop the buzzing and I was told it was probably because I had outstanding updates. 

HP Recommended

@Catherine21 

@Catherine21 wrote:

Ah.  OK.  Thank you for that information.

If you would like to do so, download-save-install the "other" update.

Make sure the computer is connected to AC power the entire time the update is in progress.

Important Note

ONLY update the BIOS after you have backed up your most critical files to a location where you can access the data in the event that the computer becomes unavailable.  For example, back up the files to a USB memory stick, to the cloud, email them to yourself -- "somewhere" you can get to the files if the computer stops working.

Why?   All BIOS updates include an element of risk.  This is true regardless of how / when / why the update is installed.  BIOS updates usually work as expected when installed manually (NOT using HPSA).  Nonetheless, because of the type of Update, it is best to be prepared.

We are looking into why there are two BIOS updates listed for your computer with the exact same version (F.07A).  It may take some time to get back an answer (our community is not a direct conduit to HP).

I cannot guess whether the "buzz" can be fixed with an update.  Whether it can do so entirely depends on what is causing the computer to behave in this manner.   The cause could be hardware, for example, in which case there is no software fix that will fix the problem.

"Other" update listed for your computer in the Software and Driver Website page for BIOS:

If your computer is still under warranty, consider contacting HP Technical Support.

Open a case, explain that the computer is "buzzing", and ask for help.

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information here).
  • In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • Chat is not available in every region.

In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• USA / Canada:  Regional contact information is displayed after you submit an online case.  Use the serial number of the device to submit the case to HP.

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

1. Submit information / case online: HP Customer Support
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

Drivers / Software and BIOS, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

How-to document

HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.