05-19-2018 05:03 PM - edited 05-20-2018 01:41 PM
Some "big words" and "legalize" are necessary -- this is a contract. As such, it is necessarily somewhat complicated.
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Countryfor one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
About Warranty Coverage
HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information - consumer grade systems)
Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document. Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.
Commentary - Not to be confused with HP policies, HP Contracts, or decisions made by HP
In general, hardware (as explained in the contract) is covered.
- The hard drive (or SSD) is covered against failure during the time the contract is active.
- The keyboard is covered by the standard warranty. This includes the physical keyboard but does not include whether you like the ways the keys work.
- The physical screen is covered by the standard warranty for some types of failures.
- The Wireless (if included in the installation) and the LAN (network) device are covered.
- For a notebook, the battery is covered during during the period the contract is active.
The Operating System is only covered to the extent that if a "warrantied" part of the computer fails, for example, the hard drive (or SSD), and that hard drive is replaced under warranty, HP will reload the original version of the Operating System that was installed when the computer was purchased.
Business class computers may provide a longer "standard warranty" and / or components in the computer may be covered differently.
Care Pack Warranties vary by contract type.
In general, Care Pack Warranties supplement and extend the type of warranty coverage.
Some Care Pack Warranties include coverage against "accidental damage".
The details are important - READ what is covered in the Definitions and contact Care Pack Support before you purchase.
In general, Care Pack must be purchased before the hardware (standard) warranty expires.
Care Pack - Optional Coverage Plans
Enter your product number in the form to view available Warranty plans for your computer
- Care Pack Central
- Care Pack Services Definitions
- Care Pack Overview (Scroll down > click Buy Now > find phone contact top of website)
- HP Consumer Services (Care Pack and Service Purchase Information) 1-866-724-8600
- Outside of the USA / Canada Care Pack Services
- Always verify phone numbers in the HP website information.
- Not your region? Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Flag > change to your region
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
09-09-2019 08:47 PM - last edited on 09-10-2019 07:54 AM by kevin-t
HP sold secondhand laptop as new laptop. Besides, their laptop gives out electric shock and when connect to their customer care , they annoying by switching between multiple repliers. Full story here
09-10-2019 07:56 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.