cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Firestormgjc
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

What is the model number for K1J49EA#ABU

HP Recommended

I am looking to add an ssd drive but I cant find my exact model number , my product number is K1J49EA#ABU

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,119 92,778 21,324 28,669
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product number you posted, your notebook is a HP Pavilion 15-p136na.

HP PartSurfer

Below is the link to the service manual.

c04427554 (hp.com)

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.

I do not see any options to add a M.2 SSD.

In order to upgrade to a SSD, you would need to replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Firestormgjc
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Paul 

I want to avoid full reinstall, is it straightforward to clone the HDD to the SDD prior to swapping out ?

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,119 92,778 21,324 28,669
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since I always clean install Windows on replacement drives, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to answer that question.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation