Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm asking because HPSA says, that the newest version is "9.3.141.0". HPSA's official page says, that the newest version is "8.7.50.3". My laptop's support page says, that the newest version is "8.6.18.11".

Sincerely
kuba300game
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP support assistant version 9.x is for select PC's that come with W10 S mode.

The current version for the rest of us is 8.7.50.3.

This is copied and pasted from the HP support assistant website when you click on the:

Using Windows 10 in S mode? Click here, underneath the Orange download button on the upper right side of the page.

Do you have a new HP PC running Windows 10 in S mode? HP Support Assistant 9 for Windows 10 in S mode delivers key features, such as messages, contact options and troubleshooters, with a simplified user interface, plus exciting new features. A link to HP Support Assistant 9 is available on select HP PC models shipped with Windows 10 in S mode.

HP Recommended

That's weird 'cause I have Win10 x64 in Normal Mode, and it says about new update.

Sincerely
kuba300game
HP Recommended

Interesting...

I have a fairly new (2018) model Stream 11 Pro G4 notebook with the HPSA installed, and I have not been notified of any updates...even when I select the check for updates option.

I'm using the current version that is downloaded when you click on the orange button.

HP Recommended

Here's the screen from my laptop with Win10 version and HPSA update info. That's a little fresh laptop, bought in June 2018.  I also added devs' options for apps. I don't think that is the S mode.I don't know if this something means in this caseI don't know if this something means in this case

Windows 10 version and HPSA udpate infoWindows 10 version and HPSA udpate info

Sincerely
kuba300game
HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at your screenshot, you have the regular W10 Home version, not S mode.

It would say W10 S, where yours shows W10 Home.

So, I don't know why your notebook is running that HPSA version, and I have a new notebook from 2018 that does not show any HPSA Update, and I am running 8.7.50.3.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen 

I have an Omen 880 Loan desktop Win10 Home and HPSA is doing the same thing to me.

Must be a glitch?

I went ahead and tried it just to see what would happen and it just wasnt as functional as version 8. So I uninstalled and went back to ver 8.

@kuba300game  I would ignore it and just use version 8.7.50.3 as it is for now.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 I think that I'll ignore that too.

At this time thank you @Paul_Tikkanen for trying to help me with this.

Case will be still opened.

Maybe someone will find why this update info is showing.

Sincerely
kuba300game
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I was able to install version 9..4.105.0 on my HP Pavilion 15-cs2073cl running regular Windows 10 Home while on my HP Pavillion Desktop 590-p0xx I can't install it because it says 8.7.50.3 is the latest version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.