Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

What year was HP Pavilion dv6700 made? The year of manufacture is not coded in the serial number, unless "1921" is a believable answer.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

This series has few generations therefore can be around 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. Based on one manual (c01295877.pdf), the year is 2007:

© Copyright 2007 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Later models in the DV6700 series were released in 2008.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

You should have a Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop that shows 'full' model number(section 1).The DV6700 series includes many models.

HP Service Tag

HP Recommended

CherylG

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the first 3 letters in the s/n correspond to the country of origin.

The fourth is the year of manufacture.

I would like to know if this is true or not.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I think s/n has nothing to do with year. HP has had many different ways to "mark" the machines (specially laptops). I prefer the old way which could be decoded very easy to its original such as CPU type, how much RAM, the OS ... and offcourse year and country.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
  • Using s/n   DEH2381234
  • the first two characters are the country code, in our example Germany (DE)
  • the third character is the code of the supply site (H ->Herrenberg, Germany)
  • the next three characters are the date of manufacture, the first digit is for the year then two for the calendar week (238 -> 38th week of 2002)
  • the last four characters are a sequential ID on that particular week (1234)

http://viktorbalogh.net/blog/resource_management/interpreting-an-hp-serial-number

This is what I seen before but is it true or not???

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Is there a year of manufacture on said tag?

HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above, HP has had many labelling schemes. A lot more information on new machines now (under the battery). Many useful information such as series, model, built date ... This is an example, totally different the label on CherylG's reply:

nx8220.jpg

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

@REO51ST

That is an interesting theory, but one I am not familiar with. Both of my HP laptops serial numbers start with 2CE , the older DV2810US has 812 as the next numbers.It was (I am almost certain) acquired  in May of 2008. The newest has 224 as the next numbers. I suppose the 2 could stand for 2012...as long as the last string would give the detail to distinguish it from a 2002 model.

@Hovawart

What are the 3,4,5 letters in your serial number from the Service Tag. Your machine should have the tag I posted above.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.